[News] Vendors Work Towards 'Wine Conformance' (TurboCash Now on GNU/Linux)

TurboCash hits Linux, Apple

,----[ Quote ]
| Philip Copeman, project leader of the TurboCash project, says that the latest
| release of the accounting application is easy to run using the latest version
| of Wine.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=3051

CodeWeavers Polishes Chromium Code for Mac and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Exciting New Browser Now Runs on Mac and Linux via the Power of Wine with
| release of CrossOver Chromium
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/codeweavers-polishes-chromium-code-mac/story.aspx?guid=%7B902D0C5B-421E-41BB-A35E-FB33043FB602%7D&dist=hppr
http://tinyurl.com/5c6rt2

Recent:

Interview with Tom Wickline, of the Bordeaux Project

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story/20229/Interview_with_Tom_Wickline_of_the_Bordeaux_Project

Wine @ Work: Running MS Office and IE on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I like Wine and it works well for a lot of applications — well enough, in
| fact, to somewhat silence the “Microsoft compatibility crowd.” I think now
| that it’s almost version 1.0 release ready, it will garner more interest,
| developers, and adopters. I see no reason why it shouldn’t for those who
| believe that they must have certain brands of apps running in their
| environment.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/6539/

Debunking the Debunked WINE Myths

,----[ Quote ]
| Myth 1: "Wine is slow because it is an emulator"
|
| [...]
|
| Myth 2: "Wine is bad for Linux"
|
| [...]
|
| Myth 3: "Emulators like VMWare are better"
|
| [...]
|
| Myth 4: "You need Windows anyway"
|
| [...]
|
| Myth 5: "Wine is bad, Winelib is better"
|
| [...]
|
| Myth 6: "Wine will always be playing catch up to Windows and can't possibly
| succeed at running new applications"

http://www.nuxified.org/blog/debunking_debunked_wine_myths

The making of Wine (how to make Windows apps merrier with Linux)

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/26915