[News] Firefox 3.1 Approaching Beta

Two betas in the road to Firefox 3.1

,----[ Quote ]
| In a post to the Firefox planning newsgroup, Mozilla Corp’s Mike Shaver,
| announced that there will be at least two betas for Shiretoko, Firefox 3.1
| code name.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/09/two-betas-in-the-road-to-firefox-31/

about:addons - Survey, Roadmap, Mobile Add-ons, DevDay & more

,----[ Quote ]
| In this issue…
|
|     * Add-on Developers: Tell us what you think
|     * AMO Roadmap & Direction
|     * Extend Firefox 3 winners announced!
|     * Extensions for Fennec (Mobile)
|     * Upcoming Toronto MozCamp/Developer Day
`----

http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2008/09/13/aboutaddons-survey-roadmap-mobile-add-ons-devday-more/
http://tinyurl.com/6dn8ey

5 Useful Tips to Customise Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox is the most popular web browser on Linux, being the browser of choice
| for over 70% of the Linux users. In this article I will explain 5 of the most
| useful and used tips in Firefox, together with screenshots where I considered
| necessary. Most of them are related with the about:config variables, but I
| also provided a graphical way of doing things where it was possible.
`----

http://linux-weekly.blogspot.com/2008/09/5-useful-tips-to-customise-firefox-3.html

Recent:

Mozilla: Firefox is faster than Chrome

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla answered claims that Google's Chrome browser outperforms Firefox with
| benchmark results of its own that showed the upcoming Firefox 3.1 is faster
| at executing JavaScript.
|
| According to tests run by Brendan Eich, Mozilla's chief technology officer
| and the creator of JavaScript, Firefox's new TraceMonkey interpreter is up to
| 28 percent faster than V8, the name Google gave to the interpreter used by
| Chrome.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1499123917&rid=-50

Firefox 3.1 Alpha 2 reviewed