[News] Microsoft's Linux CLI FUD Trashed: The FUD is on Windows Now

Got Scripts?

,----[ Quote ]
| Where’s the FUD? For years, Windows zealots have denounced Linux for being
| arcane, hard-to-use, and backward. Heavy reliance on the CLI for
| administration was cited as a failure to progress (through obstinacy,
| ignorance or both). Now, it appears that Microsoft is admitting that a
| powerful shell is indeed useful, forcing its fanboys to dine on crow tartare.
`----

http://linuxfud.wordpress.com/2008/09/12/got-scripts/

Related:

SWM, Shell User, Seeks Soul Mate for GUI-Free LTR

,----[ Quote ]
| "There is a sad truth to the world today," wrote the anonymous poster of the
| ad. "I am part of a dying breed of people known as 'shell users.' We are an
| old-fashioned bunch, preferring the warm glow of a green screen full of text
| over the cold blockiness of a graphical interface.... The whole 'Microsoft
| Windows' fad will fade away sooner or later, but in the interim, our kind is
| facing extinction.
`----

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/must-read/61394.html

When will we hear the end of computer quacks?

,----[ Quote ]
| So why beat the dead skunk again? Check it out: Don Norman discovered
| command line interfaces! And he's about to take his discovery to the
| press! Yes, he thinks this is an original discovery all his own.
|
| [...]
|
| I can't wait until Microsoft invents apt-get so he can fawn over it next...
`----

http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=when_will_we_hear_the_end_of_computer_qu&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Geek to Live: The command line comeback

,----[ Quote ]
| The advent of the Graphical User Interface (GUI) forever
| revolutionized personal computing. A windowed system with point
| and click icons made computers usable for anyone who couldn't deal
| with a black screen and a prompt waiting for arcane textual commands.
| But in recent years, this enormous interface change is coming full
| circle. Amongst power users - and more and more, regular Joe's - the
| command line is making a comeback in modern web and desktop
| applications.
`----

http://www.lifehacker.com/software/command-line/geek-to-live--the-command-line-comeback-226223.php
http://tinyurl.com/y88w3w

Who needs the command line? (Well, actually, we all do)

,----[ Quote ]
| "We'll always have Paris", Humphrey Bogart said to Ingrid Bergman
| in the iconic climax of Casablanca - and we will always have the
| command line. Here's looking at you kid!
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blogs/who_needs_the_command_line_we_all_do

Death of the command line

,----[ Quote ]