http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/7d4533ba28cbc264?

Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 09:37:18 -0600

[quote]
Hadron wrote:
High Plains Thumper writes:
ml2mst wrote:
High Plains Thumper wrote:

Point is that such games can be enjoyed under multiple operating systems and still be legal. How many games have been illegally installed in Windows, hmmmm?

The majority of Winware is illegal.

That I can understand, hence why all the EULA's and software
pirating protection schemes.

And here we have a perfect example of "lets play someones game
(hard work and investment) for free". "free" as in - it costs
you nothing.

Perfect?  No, rather sad taken out-of-context analogy.

Game has been around for a while, writer and manufacturer have
received their compensation.  Due to newer titles and features,
game is not as profitable as before.  They make the game code
available to the FOSS community, for maintenance and permission to distro.

This is legal, whereas theft of software is not.

"With it being released, it would not surprise me that this little encumbrance will be overcome."

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Replying to your moronic insults?  Yes.
[/quote]

Not only does your post disrespect my nym, your post is devoid of ethical content.

--
HPT