[News] Lenovo Adds GNU/Linux to Sub-notebooks

Lenovo Launching Linux Netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
| In an email to The VAR Guy, Lenovo Senior VP J. Scott Di Valerio describes
| the PC giant’s evolving Linux strategy, including plans for so-called
| NetBooks that will launch in October. Here’s a look at what Di Valerio had to
| say.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2008/09/11/lenovo-launching-linux-netbooks/

No Ballnux anymore. :-) They certify for many distributions instead.

Recent:

Lenovo's S10 Netbook Listed - Starts at just US$429

,----[ Quote ]
| Lenovo is expected to also release a Linux version of its netbook, which,
| once again, will not be marketed in the US, as we already noted in one of our

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Lenovo-039-s-S10-Netbook-Listed-92084.shtml

Lenovo Confirms It's Looking At IBM's 'Microsoft-Free' Client

,----[ Quote ]
| Though nothing is final, Lenovo's participation in the project could vastly
| increase its reach and pose a significant threat to Microsoft's dominance of
| the desktop PC market.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/hardware/desktop/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=209904400
http://tinyurl.com/696935

Lenovo In Talks To Join IBM's 'Microsoft-Free' Program, Sources Say

,----[ Quote ]
| The Microsoft-free software package features IBM's Lotus Notes and Lotus
| Symphony e-mail and desktop productivity suites, running on versions of
| Linux.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/hardware/desktop/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=209903851

Lenovo’s September Surprise: Servers