[News] [Rival] Apple + Microsoft = Blue Screen of Death

iTunes 8 causes Windows Vista problems

,----[ Quote ]
| Not everyone is rocking to the new iTunes 8 released Tuesday. An informal
| poll on ZDNet suggests that a problem with the latest edition of the Apple
| media player is affecting some, but not all, users of the software on
| Microsoft's Windows Vista.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10039038-83.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Related:

Who Knew... [Musical instruments crash]

,----[ Quote ]
| Who knew that even musical instruments could experience Microsoft’s Blue
| Screen of Death. I didn’t until I went to Seattle’s Experience Music Project
| last week.
`----

http://justinmaier.com/2007/08/22/who-knew/

Running Microsoft Windows Vista 64bit and 4GB Ram

,----[ Quote ]
| I then ordered 4GB (2 sticks of DDR667) of ram from Newegg.com. Everything
| arrived fine, I installed the ram which is very simple. With a D630 it
| involves talking off the keyboard to insert the first stick and then to
| install the second stick you just have to remove the back panel. I stuck in a
| Microsoft Windows Vista 64bit version and started the install. Everything
| went fine, Vista installed rather fast so I was really happy at this point.
| It rebooted after successful install, was loading into windows and then blue
| screened. I was devastated lol.
`----

http://brianleejackson.com/2007/10/21/vista-and-4gb-ram/

Windows Vista Loses Users

,----[ Quote ]
| Ouch. While I completely appreciate what Microsoft tries to do for me, I just
| wish they’d listen a little more… and stop making it so darn easy for power
| users to slip through their fingers.
`----

http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/08/17/windows-vista-loses-users/

Trouble Shooting The Blue Screen of Death

,----[ Quote ]
| Fortunately since Windows 2000 this has become less of a common occurrence,
| or so it seemed. Working late last night at a client’s office on a handful
| of problems already, Windows Vista (Brand new machine, only a week old)
| decided to show me otherwise. While copying some vital files to the
| machine, it restarted windows. After a rebooting to the login screen,
| it then repeated the process of halting and restarted, nice!
`----

http://www.terinea.co.uk/blogs/terineatechtips/2007/06/27/trouble-shooting-the-blue-screen-of-death/

Would You put Your Life in Vista's Hands?

,----[ Quote ]
| While on a visit in Romania, where Bill Gates participated in the
| celebration of 10 years since the Microsoft branch has been running
| there, and the launch of Vista, declared that, with the right amount
| of administration, the new Vista could run life support systems in
| hospitals.
`----

http://www.techdo.com/would-you-put-your-life-in-windows-vistas-hands/

The Blue Screen of Death is Back!!!

,----[ Quote ]
| Ok I'm going to wipe my computer and install Vista clean, and see if
| run into the same problems. If that does not work, I will go back to XP,
| and really start to look at getting a Mac, and I'm one of the few people
| that don't like apple (long story, tell you about it some other time).
`----

http://vn21.org/2007/04/26/the-blue-screen-of-death-is-back/

QuickTime 7, Vista, and Toshiba's Tablet PC an Example of What's Wrong with
Computing Today

,----[ Quote ]
| The fact that nothing else I do will crash my system, but that locally
| stored QuickTime movies crash it every single time tells me that the
| problem is not with Toshiba or Intel's drivers or Microsoft's OS;
| it's with QuickTime for Windows.
`----

http://lowendmac.com/fishkin/07/0410.html

NVidia + Vista = BSOD

,----[ Quote ]
| It has been widely reported that Nvidia drivers are quite buggy,
| and Nvidia themselves have a special area to deal with Vista bugs.

Catalyst 7.3 Causes BSOD in Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Looking to boost your system's performance? A driver upgrade is
| often a great way to do it, but in the case of AMD's new Catalyst
| 7.3 driver package for Radeon graphics cards and Windows Vista,
| you might want to hold off before you take the plunge unless you
| enjoy gazing at blue screens with white lettering. It's another
| case of driver woes with the new operating system.

Vista BSOD, Mac Pro Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| I attempted to install Windows Vista Ultimate on my test machine here
| at the office last night. It's a dual-Xeon (quad core) Mac Pro tower,
| a real beast hardware-wise, so I figured I wouldn't encounter any
| problems.
|
| [BSOD]
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2007/02/vista_bsod_mac_.html