Re: [News] Multi-head Displays with GNU/Linux (Try *That* with Win32/OS X)

On 2008-09-11, Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Tom Shelton peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> I was sort of wondering that myself.  I've been running muli-head for quite a
>> while on windows, yet I've never gotten a statisfactory result on Linux.
>
> Bullshit.  Unless you're talking about a quibble like some apps
> (OpenOffice) putting their splash screen across two monitors.

    Givem the features built into X gui's since at least 1994, I have
never really seen much motivation for having more than one monitor. I
would be hard placed to find a spot for it really. (camera, phone, archos,
media server, printer, speakers, laptop.

    I need to find a permanent home for the HDTV STB and the Hauppauge
1212 and get them off the floor.

    Proper h264 acceleration sounds cool though. Although I will only
believe it when it see it. Plus you've got to wonder what sort of
gotchas go along with it since Vista was supposedly fouled up with
DRM in order to get the same sort of support built in and blessed
by the studios.

    Then again perhaps without explicity AACS support there won't
be an obvious cause of action for the MPAA.

--
     Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates         |||