[News] Sweden's Embrace of ODF Official, Brazil Joins

Sweden: ODF made national standard

,----[ Quote ]
| The Swedish Standards Institute (SIS) approved the Open Document Format (ODF)
| as a national standard, the ODF Alliance reported this week.
|
| "Sweden now joins Brazil, Croatia, Italy, South Korea, and South Africa as
| countries whose national standards bodies have formal approved this
| standard", the ODF advocacy organisation writes in this week's newsletter.
`----

http://www.metamorphosis.org.mk/content/view/1247/4/lang,en

Brazil begins using the Open Document Format

,----[ Quote ]
| The Brasília Protocol (now translated to English) started the process of
| implementation of the Open Document Format (ODF) within the Brazilian
| Government. The Protocol was signed during the opening of CONSEGI 2008 by
| Bank of Brazil, Serpro, Dataprev, Post Office and Telegraph State Company
| (ECT), INPE (Institute of Spacial Researches), INPI (Institute of
| Intellectual Property), Ministry of Exterior Relations and others. All the
| institutions who signed the protocol are assuming the commitment to use the
| ODF standard, make it available to society-at-large, exchange documents
| between themselves in this format and to share solutions in open format. The
| news is on ODF Alliance website.
`----

http://news.northxsouth.com/2008/09/28/brazil-begins-using-the-open-document-format/

Recent:

ODF approved as Swedish Standard

,----[ Quote ]
| Without making a press release or public announcement the Swedish Standards
| Institute has formally approved ODF 1.0 as a national standard. Only the “SS”
| prefix in SS-ISO/IEC 26300:2008 give away the status of the document.
`----

http://www.peterkrantz.com/2008/odf-approved-as-swedish-standard/

Brazilian Government Formalizes its Intention to Adopt ODF

,----[ Quote ]
| Some very significant bodies of the Brazilian Government and government-owned
| corporations have just signed an agreement to adopt Open Document Format as
| their standard format for the exchange of electronic documents.
`----

http://people.oii.ox.ac.uk/thompson/2008/08/28/brazilian-government-adopts-odf/

Melaka City Council's OSS migration and savings

,----[ Quote ]
| In our ongoing series of Free and Open Source Software deployments in
| Malaysia, OpenMalaysiaBlog is proud to highlight the efforts of the City
| Council of Melaka. They were one of the first few departments to migrate
| completely to OpenOffice.org (98% of their 300 hundred seats. They need to
| retain a few copies of MS Office for some difficult proprietary files). Back
| in 8 December 2006, the Mayor of Melaka, Y.Bhg. Dato’ Haji Zaini bin Mohd
| Nor, presented "Successful Deployment Of OpenOffice In The Public Sector
| Seminar" and was very enthusiastic about OpenOffice.org.
`----

http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008/08/melaka-city-cou.html

The State of Kedah moves to OpenOffice.org

,----[ Quote ]
| A case study submitted to the Open Source Competency Center by the Center of
| Information Technology, Office of the Chief Minister and State Secretary of
| Kedah, has indicated that OpenOffice.org has been installed in 70% of the
| computers in the Kedah state government agencies. There are currently 2,202
| installed seats and by the looks of it, the numbers will just keep rising!
`----

http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008/08/case-study-on-t.html

The entire State of Pahang moves to OpenOffice.org

,----[ Quote ]
| Its just been made official that the State of Pahang is migrating all its
| productivity suites to OpenOffice.org. This succint memo from the State
| Secretary of Pahang entitled "Perlaksanaan Penggunaan Perisian OpenOffice.Org
| Di Semua Agensi dan Pentadbiran Negeri" (translated: "Implementation of
| OpenOffice.org suite in all State Agencies and Administrative centres")
| outlines the reasons for migrating, the benefits and how to proceed.
`----

http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008/08/the-entire-stat.html

French hospital migrates to OpenOffice.org

,----[ Quote ]
| According to this French article, the French hospital of Thiers is migrating
| its 150 desktops to OpenOffice.org in order to spend money on training
| instead of licenses.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/dancer/entry/french_hospital_migrates_to_openoffice

Huge Success for the ODF Community