[News] Biden and the MAFIAA Against Technology, Defence Attorney

RIAA Decries Attorney-Blogger as 'Vexatious' Litigator

,----[ Quote ]
| The RIAA said Beckerman, one of the nation's few attorneys who defends
| accused file sharers, "has maintained an anti-recording industry blog during
| the course of this case and has consistently posted virtually every one of
| his baseless motions on his blog seeking to bolster his public relations
| campaign and embarrass plaintiffs," the RIAA wrote (.pdf) in court
| briefs. "Such vexatious conduct demeans the integrity of these judicial
| proceedings and warrants this imposition of sanctions."
`----

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/09/riaa-decries-at.html

Obama backtracks on technology

,----[ Quote ]
| It now appears that the changes to the Science, Technology & Innovation
| position now reflect the position of both the Senator and his running-mate
| Joe Biden. Biden is a sock-puppet for the entertainment industry and has a
| history of proposing laws that favour security forces' demands for snooping.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/09/23/obama-backtracks-technology

"I have never known much good done by those who affected to trade for the
public good."

                                        --Adam Smith

Recent:

ISPs Set To Wage Privacy War on their Own Customers

,----[ Quote ]
| And the impetus for this destruction of our democracy is ... paranoid and
| greedy media companies, a.k.a. the MAFIAA ®, who "lobby" government to
| pervert our society for their own selfish ends.
`----

http://slated.org/isps_wage_privacy_war

Under Pressure, ISP Admits Secret Web Snooping in Kansas

,----[ Quote ]
| Internet service provider Embarq eavesdropped on the web surfing habits of
| 26,000 customers in Kansas without notifying them personally, as part of its
| test of new, controversial advertising technology that profiles users, the
| company told federal lawmakers Wednesday.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/07/under-pressure.html

Controversial Ad Network Caught Editing Wikipedia

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/04/08/controversial-ad-network-caught-editing-wikipedia