Re: Vista Called a Pig, Microsoft Advertises Windows Using UNIX

Verily I say unto thee, that Richard Rasker spake thusly:
> DFS wrote:

>> As for why: the OO developers make the files small because they
>> think everyone is broke like them and can't afford disk space, and
>> they make the files slow because they think everyone is broke like
>> them and their time isn't worth much.
>
> Vista designers, on the other hand, think that everyone has RAM and
> HD space to spare, plus the patience to watch their dearly paid
> high-end CPU's schlepp all those bloated megabytes of data around,
> slower than any other OS out there.

Didn't you know the Goal® of computing is to use up all available
resources then move on to the Next Big Thing®, much like a virus?

Well according to slavering Microsoft fanboys like DooFy, anyway.

Anyone who refuses to subscribe to this principle is obviously a
cheapskate and a Goddam Commie, rather than merely someone using
common sense.  After all, it is supposed to be our sworn duty as
good little consumers to donate at least 10% of our income to MS
(just like those crazy Scientologists, or other whackjob cults),
whether we actually use their Slopware or not.

C'mon Richard, what were you thinking? You should know your duty
by now, Shirley.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

 07:49:26 up 39 days,  5:02,  4 users,  load average: 0.76, 0.86, 0.86