[News] GNU/Linux is 'Too' Easy

eee PC: xandros vs eee-ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Xandros succeeded in hiding everything but what they wanted you to see.  This
| is a good thing if the PC is for a newbie (or your grandmother).  A short
| amount of hacking at work revealed that Xandros went pretty far to `shield’
| users from any of that nasty operating system junk.  It’s just a bunch of
| huge icons that you click on to start programs.  They don’t want you to have
| multiple users, add icons, or much of anything else.
|
| Eee-ubuntu is closer to regular Ubuntu.  It’s the same basic idea of tabs
| containing groups of programs but it treats you as less of an idiot.  You can
| have multiple users (there’s a wife joke in there somewhere), and do a lot of
| the standard customizations.  They spent much less effort hiding the OS from
| the user but it’s still pretty friendly.
`----

http://www.lockergnome.com/leftystrat/2008/09/22/eee-pc-xandros-vs-eee-ubuntu/

Recent:

You've CUPSed a long way, baby.

,----[ Quote ]
| He went on his way and I plugged in the usb cable. Getting ready to go into
| the menu to configure the thing a notification thinger pops up and told me
| the printer was ready. It didn't even ask me a question. NOT A THING.
`----

http://stompbox.typepad.com/blog/2008/08/youve-cupsed-a.html

Related:

Installing A New Printer. Windows vs. Linux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.thesourceshow.org/node/69