Re: [News] [Rival] ASSOCIATED PRESS: MICROSOFT GOING INTO DEBT!

After takin' a swig o' grog, Ian Hilliard belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080922/microsoft_buyback.html
>
> I wonder if this is so that the Bill, Steve and co. can get more money as
> they sell off their stake in Microsoft. Given the level of effort that
> Microsoft is displaying in keeping OSS movement in check, one has to wonder
> if they know something that they won't admit to.
>
> Perhaps the top bosses just want to get a good stake to buy into other
> companies.

Well, they're hiding it from Moody's, then:

    On Monday, Moody's Investors service assigned an "Aaa" senior
    unsecured debt rating to Microsoft, with a stable outlook. The
    ratings agency said this reflects the company's "position as the
    world's largest software company with a strong and defensible market
    position throughout its diverse core offerings."

    Microsoft also said it received a "AAA" corporate credit rating from
    Standard & Poor's Rating Services.

--
The evolution of the human race will not be accomplished in the ten thousand
years of tame animals, but in the million years of wild animals, because man