Re: [News] New NVIDIA Driver for Linux; Multi-Seat Display in Linux

After takin' a swig o' grog, JEDIDIAH belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> On 2008-09-20, Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>>
>>>    It really isn't too surprising that the NVIDIA 177.76 changes are
>>>    minimal, as we have been told all major work is currently focused on
>>>    their forthcoming NVIDIA 180.xx driver series. The NVIDIA 180 Linux
>>>    driver will feature a significant portion of the driver being
>>>    rewritten, OpenGL 3.0, and other advancements. This 180 driver is
>>>    expected in fourth quarter of this year.
>>
>> Oops. Minus several COLA points their Linonut. Dont oyu know NVidia
>> closed source drivers are evil and their drivers should be spurned. I
>> heard it here in COLA.
>
>     This is much like DFS and his freezing complaints.
>
>     You both are just hearing yourselves talk.

Trolls such as Hadron like to present a single, straw-man-style view of
the Linux "advocate".  This makes it easier to knock down.

Unfortunately for Hadron, I've never said that proprietary software or
drivers in and of themselves are bad.  My opinion is simply that you
use them at your peril; you have to hope that they continue to be
available, and if the vendor stops supporting them, you are screwed, and
have to hustle over to another vendor's offering.

Hadron's taking the easy way out.  Of course he is -- he's a troll.

--
The instruments of science do not in themselves discover truth.  And there are
searchings that are not concluded by the coincidence of a pointer and a mark.