Re: [News] Getting Rid of Novell/Microsoft Mono and Moonlight

Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:06:48 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

| This is Linux port of Microsoft sliverlight apparently designed to compete | with adobe flash. Silver light doesn't offer anything new that's not already | offered by adobe flash.

Spoken like a true ignoramus.
Here's a hint:  Scalable video.  It's amazing.

Yet MLB.com (Major League Baseball) dumped Silverlight for Adobe.
MLB said that silverlight caused them too much trouble. But then, I found Silverlight to run ok on a mac. Possibly a problem between Silverlight and Solaris, as their web site is powered
by Sun.

--
"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument."
William G. McAdoo.