[News] [Rival] Microsoft -- with Profits Down 32% -- Starts 'Blowing Kneecaps'

Microsoft reaches settlements with traders caught selling illegal software

,----[ Quote ]
| Settlements have successfully been reached with 12 resellers, who all
| admitted to hard disk loading and selling software illegally.
|
| The sellers were named as: Charisma Computers of Manchester; 1Hr Computers of
| Denton; Boss Systems of Duns; Annecto Computers of Droylsden; Computer
| Warehouse of Manchester; Hi-Tec of Cheadle; Intellect Computers of
| Whitefield; Swift Computers of Wellington; Comp-u-Tel of Thatcham; ICN
| Computers of Newbury; PWRTech of Nottingham; and Unique Computers (UK) of
| Leicester.
`----

http://www.scmagazineuk.com/Microsoft-reaches-settlements-with-traders-caught-selling-illegal-software/article/131438/

“They’ll get sort of addicted, and then we’ll somehow figure out how to collect
sometime in the next decade.”

                                --Bill Gates

Recent:

Microsoft Gulf coordinates with Bahrain Ministry of Information on latest
software piracy offensives in Manama

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft GulfMicrosoft GulfLoading..., a member of the Business Software
| Alliance (BSA), the leading global organisation that is the voice of the
| world's commercial software industry and its hardware partners before
| governments and in the international marketplace, has announced successful
| anti-piracy raids by the Bahrain Ministry of InformationBahrain Ministry of
| InformationLoading... (MoI) on two resellers operating in Manama. The
| offensives highlighted Bahrain's comprehensive nationwide anti-piracy program
| and its thrust to make the capital city in particular a model of a
| piracy-free environment.
`----

http://www.zawya.com/Story.cfm/sidZAWYA20090121082920/Microsoft%20Gulf

Anti-piracy day? No thanks