[News] New EU Council Called a hazard on the Internet

EU reaches draft deal over Internet spat

,----[ Quote ]
| The European Union has reached a draft deal to resolve a spat holding up a
| sweeping reform of the bloc's telecom sector, lawmakers and diplomats said on
| Tuesday.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/internetNews/idUSTRE53R5NU20090428?feedType=RSS&feedName=internetNews

New EU Council threat to Internet users rights

,----[ Quote ]
| European Council  staff tell the FT that Internet is not a right. They are
| still pushing for a re-write of Amendment 138 and for the European Parliament
| to  put a tick on  their amendments to limit the Internet.  If the Parliament
| does not stand behind Amendment 138 and also reject the ‘limiting' provisions
| in the Telecoms Package, its credibility as a democratic legislative body
| must be questioned.
`----

http://www.iptegrity.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=325&Itemid=9

Recent:

The Closing of the European Internet

,----[ Quote ]
| Indeed, both the music and book publishing businesses are pushing for P2P
| sites to be included in the DNS block list to prevent anyone in Germany
| accessing them.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?blogid=14&entryid=2140

German book publishers want Rapidshare on country-wide net censorship list

,----[ Quote ]
| Here we go again: German book publishers are tying to force local ISPs to
| block Rapidshare and similar websites through a controversial new Internet
| censorship bill. The bill, which received the backing of the German
| government two days ago, is meant to crack down on child porn with a
| centralized DNS block list that would include 1500 or so illegal child porn
| websites.
`----

http://www.p2p-blog.com/item-1026.html

The Pirate Google