[News] New Interviews with Mark Shuttleworth

sabdfl speaks: An interview with Mark Shuttleworth

,----[ Quote ]
| (12:53:57 PM) jcastro: <Froad_> QUESTION: A new announcement by Microsoft
| says there will be Open Office support in Office 2007, do you think that one
| way to gain users is to make Microsoft Adapt to us?
| (12:54:19 PM) sabdfl: Froad_: i'm glad that they will do this, but i hear the
| support is terrible
| (12:54:29 PM) sabdfl: i think we should rather push harder for open document
| standards
| (12:54:51 PM) sabdfl: the ISO standards process was embarrassing last year
| (12:55:06 PM) sabdfl: we have this amazing thing - the web - built entirely
| on an open format
| (12:55:13 PM) sabdfl: and yet .doc lives in the dark ages
| (12:55:35 PM) sabdfl: purely because governments and companies chickened out
| of demanding that openness
| (12:55:51 PM) sabdfl: if we demand openness, then we'll get a better long
| term result
`----

http://opensource.sfsu.edu/node/632

Mark Shuttleworth Q+A Part 1: Gnome 3, New Themes, MONO & Peanut Butter On
Toast…

,----[ Quote ]
| Ayatana is an initiative that spans desktop environments (there are folks
| there from KDE and GNOME at least, possibly XFCE et al) and I expect us to
| engage directly with individual upstreams as well as the broader DE's.
|
| Notifications will see an evolutionary improvement in 9.10 - that is under
| discussion on the Ayatana list as will the messaging menu. Those discussions
| are all public so please join in!
|
| There are some other new features that we are working on for partners, they
| will be open source when they release and go into the next version of Ubuntu.
| More on those in the announcements in due course!
`----

http://d0od.blogspot.com/2009/04/mark-shuttleworth-qa-part1-gnome-3-new.html

Recent:

Shuttleworth: Windows 7 an Opportunity for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/hardware/article.php/3813456/Shuttleworth+Windows+7+Is+an+Opportunity+for+Linux.htm