[News] [Rival] Microsoft 'Breaks' the Web Again

Microsoft Hotmail blocking GMX mail for some in Europe

,----[ Quote ]
| Some European customers of the free GMX Mail service have been reporting
| ongoing problems with GMX Mail-Hotmail interoperability.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=2608

eBay restricting Webslices to MSIE users, trashing Firefox users

,----[ Quote ]
| Again, I have no idea if this is made on purpose or not. If it is, it's a
| true scandal. If it's not, and given the fact the Webchunks extension to
| Firefox is freely available, it's a shame. Please note that the embedded
| JavaScript shows no error or related warning... Please also note that if you
| use a UAString-switcher in Firefox, the result remains the same; that's why I
| think the client-sniffing is client-side and based on window.external.* MSIE
| extensions. I hope that eBay is going to fix this as soon as possible,
| because banning Firefox users seems to me a stupid and counter-productive
| idea...
`----

http://www.glazman.org/weblog/dotclear/index.php?post/2009/04/28/eBay-restricting-Webslices-to-MSIE-users-trashing-Firefox-users

Analyst: Yet Another Microsoft-Yahoo Scenario

,----[ Quote ]
| In a report Tuesday, Cowen & Co. Analyst Jim Friedland handicaps the
| different iterations of possible Yahoo-Microsoft (NSDQ: MSFT) deals in light
| of the dismal performance of Microsoft’s online-services unit last quarter.
| The most likely scenario, according to Friedland? No deal at all. But if a
| deal does take place, Friedland puts his bets on an arrangement which he
| first floated last October in which Microsoft would trade its online services
| business and possibly cash for a stake in Yahoo (NSDQ: YHOO).
`----

http://www.paidcontent.org/entry/419-analyst-microsoft-most-likely-to-switch/

Related:

Feeling the heat at Microsoft