[News] Companies Fake News Like Microsoft Does

Fake News Not Quite Dead Yet

,----[ Quote ]
| "For reporters covering breaking news, live broadcasts mean there's no lag
| time." In other words, sponsored video provided by PR firms "allows reporters
| to cover stories while cutting travel expenses." Videos can also
| help "companies with budget restraints, or corporate executives who want to
| deliver a message to employees," without traveling.
`----

http://www.prwatch.org/node/8355

Related:

Italo production: Indians get their OpenXML firewater

,----[ Quote ]
| Stephen McGibbon (MS) says Apache POI would get support for OOXML added,
| Arnaud Le Hors (IBM) stresses the Apache Foundation does NOT support OOXML
| and Stephen is fine with that.
|
| [...]
|
| Isn't it funny that all these Microsoft partners start new projects to bring
| support of OOXML to various open source projects. Sure, people who took a
| look at the respective code of these myriads of projects were not very much
| impressed. But at least you get the press headlines. XY adds Open XML support
| to Emacs, etc. etc
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-48013/italo-production:indians-get-their-openxml-firewater

The Standard Trolls