[News] Palm Pre -- Powered by Linux -- Makes Impressive Appaerances

Palm Pre spotted in the wild, possibly running YouTube

,----[ Quote ]
| It's not clear exactly where these pics came from, but here's the Palm Pre,
| running what appears to be a YouTube app and the email app.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/23/palm-pre-spotted-in-the-wild-possibly-running-youtube/

Recent:

New Pre Classic emulator video shows off 3D gaming prowess

,----[ Quote ]
| The last time we saw the Pre's Classic Palm OS emulator in action, we had a
| few lingering questions in our mind, chief among them being how well can it
| game? From the looks of this latest video, released by Motion Apps to answer
| that very question, pretty well so far. In addition to confirming sound
| support for the latest build, we also get a brief glimpse of the software
| handling 3D driver GTS World Racer.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/19/new-pre-classic-emulator-video-shows-off-3d-gaming/

Angelina Jolie's Latest Love Is The Palm Pre

,----[ Quote ]
| Shock jock Howard Stern may have picked a BlackBerry over the Palm Pre, but
| the unreleased device has captured the heart of actress Angelina Jolie.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2009/04/angelina_jolies.html

Developers: Palm's webOS Is The Bomb

,----[ Quote ]
| Some developers who've gotten a head-start working on applications for Palm's
| webOS have indicated that they like what they see. A lot. Pandora's CTO
| noted, "Everything about the Pre feels like it's 'future-oriented,' not an
| iPhone-inspired knockoff."
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2009/04/developers_palm.html

Palm Pre to kill the iPhone?

,----[ Quote ]
| The Palm Pre (slideshow), unveiled during the Consumer Electronics Show
| earlier this year, has been widely discussed as a possible iPhone killer.
| While it's received a wealth of attention, is it truly a phone packing as
| much punch as the claims? Could it really give the iPhone a run for its
| money, affording Palm the chance to mount a comeback? Palm Pre, Palm Pre, oh
| what does the future see?
`----

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/41941/145/

The Palm Pre Will Be an iPhone Killer

,----[ Quote ]
| After seemingly disappearing off the face of the earth while companies like
| Nokia and RIM released multiple phones, and while Apple's iPhone 3G has
| continued to enjoy immense popularity, Palm has finally hit back. The Pre is
| considered a make-or-break release for Palm — the smartphone is built on an
| entirely new Linux-based operating system called webOS.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/162528/the_palm_pre_will_be_an_iphone_killer.html

Palm opens up WebOS SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| PALM IS opening up the software development kit for WebOS, its
| next-generation mobile operating system.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/624/1051624/palm-webos-sdk

Palm Pré to arrive next month?

,----[ Quote ]
| The much-hyped Palm Pré could be launched next month, according to Tweets
| posted by the head of one firm thought to be testing the would-be iPhone
| killer.
|
| Jim Van, CEO of Logicom, reportedly updated his Twitter feed last week to say
| that the phone’s release date will be 30 April.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/03/30/pre_logicom/

Why Palm’s WebOS Could Shake up the Netbook World

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.laptopmag.com/why-palms-webos-could-shake-up-the-netbook-world