[News] Linux Powers Yet Another Set-top Box (Among Many)

Linux STBs star on Amazon HD service

,----[ Quote ]
| Amazon announced that it has upgraded its Video on Demand service to HD (high
| definition) video. The service supports a number of Linux-based IP STBs
| (set-top boxes), including various TiVo HD DVRs, Sony's Bravia Internet Video
| Link, and Roku Netflix Player (pictured), according to eWEEK.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2162474497.html?kc=rss

Recent:

Android set-top box in the works

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's Android operating system is about to start showing up in a whole
| slew of consumer electronic devices other than cell phones, according to
| recent reports.
|
| The Web site Android Guys reported late last week that Motorola is building a
| TV set-top box for Japanese telephone and broadband service provider KDDI.
| The new device is expected to be ready in time for the Japan's largest
| electronics show, CEATEC, which will be held in October.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/communications/0,39044192,62053130,00.htm?scid=rss_z_nw

Linux STB design tapped in Russia

,----[ Quote ]
| Belarus-based "full-service" device design startup Promwad announced a design
| win for a Linux-based DVB-T set-top box (STB) destined for a Russian
| manufacturer of TV antennas. The STB design will be built around an ST
| Microelectronics (ST) STi5205 system-on-chip (SoC) clocked to 266MHz, says
| Promwad.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9492899840.html?kc=rss

IP-STB maker tempts devs with discount

,----[ Quote ]
| Myka, which recently began shipping an IPTV set-top box (STB), is offering a
| $100 discount to entice developers to roll up their sleeves and contribute to
| its device’s open-source, Linux-based software stack.
`----

http://www.deviceguru.com/ip-stb-maker-tempts-devs-with-discount/

Open set-top box ships

,----[ Quote ]