[News] Palm's Linux Gadget Runs Nifty Games, Angelina Jolie Loves It

New Pre Classic emulator video shows off 3D gaming prowess

,----[ Quote ]
| The last time we saw the Pre's Classic Palm OS emulator in action, we had a
| few lingering questions in our mind, chief among them being how well can it
| game? From the looks of this latest video, released by Motion Apps to answer
| that very question, pretty well so far. In addition to confirming sound
| support for the latest build, we also get a brief glimpse of the software
| handling 3D driver GTS World Racer.

Angelina Jolie's Latest Love Is The Palm Pre

,----[ Quote ]
| Shock jock Howard Stern may have picked a BlackBerry over the Palm Pre, but
| the unreleased device has captured the heart of actress Angelina Jolie.

Developers: Palm's webOS Is The Bomb

,----[ Quote ]
| Some developers who've gotten a head-start working on applications for Palm's
| webOS have indicated that they like what they see. A lot. Pandora's CTO
| noted, "Everything about the Pre feels like it's 'future-oriented,' not an
| iPhone-inspired knockoff."

Palm Pre to kill the iPhone?

,----[ Quote ]
| The Palm Pre (slideshow), unveiled during the Consumer Electronics Show
| earlier this year, has been widely discussed as a possible iPhone killer.
| While it's received a wealth of attention, is it truly a phone packing as
| much punch as the claims? Could it really give the iPhone a run for its
| money, affording Palm the chance to mount a comeback? Palm Pre, Palm Pre, oh
| what does the future see?

The Palm Pre Will Be an iPhone Killer

,----[ Quote ]
| After seemingly disappearing off the face of the earth while companies like
| Nokia and RIM released multiple phones, and while Apple's iPhone 3G has
| continued to enjoy immense popularity, Palm has finally hit back. The Pre is
| considered a make-or-break release for Palm — the smartphone is built on an
| entirely new Linux-based operating system called webOS.

Palm opens up WebOS SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| PALM IS opening up the software development kit for WebOS, its
| next-generation mobile operating system.

Palm Pré to arrive next month?

,----[ Quote ]
| The much-hyped Palm Pré could be launched next month, according to Tweets
| posted by the head of one firm thought to be testing the would-be iPhone
| killer.
| Jim Van, CEO of Logicom, reportedly updated his Twitter feed last week to say
| that the phone’s release date will be 30 April.

Why Palm’s WebOS Could Shake up the Netbook World

,----[ Quote ]