[News] GNU/Linux Mixes with Free Software Clouds and HDTV

RightScale + Ubuntu + Eucalyptus = cloud in a box

,----[ Quote ]
| Need a cloud in a box? Want a cloud in a box? Well, then, start
| requisitioning a couple of machines now so you’re ready on Thursday to load
| up Ubuntu 9.04, install Eucalyptus, and follow the prompt to register your
| cloud with RightScale! And best of all, it’s all free! Free open source
| software and access to a free RightScale service account.
`----

http://blog.rightscale.com/2009/04/20/rightscale-ubuntu-eucalyptus-cloud-in-a-box/

Neuros Link: Tuning In HDTV, Using Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| DRM Free
|
| The company that make this device, Neuros Technology, have clearly positioned
| themselves as anti-DRM - they created an ‘Unlocked Media’ trademark and logo
| to market their devices as being open and DRM free. They are also supporters
| of the Electronic Frontier Foundation and the Free Software Foundation’s
| ongoing ‘Defective By Design‘ campaign that aims to ‘identify defective DRM
| enabled products and target them for elimination’.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2009/04/21/neuros-link-tuning-in-hdtv-using-ubuntu/

Related:

pcHDTV HD-5500 - HDTV for your Linux desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| pcHDTV is a unique company in that they specialize in making tv cards
| solely for the Linux market. I recently got a chance to check out
| the pcHDTV HD-5500 card and these are my impressions of this
| very capable high definition pc tuner card.
`----

http://lunapark6.com/?p=2992

Open Addict - Interview with pcHDTV CEO/Founder Jack Kelliher

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux market is great! Although it's not large like the Windows
| market it is made up in general of savvy and intelligent users that
| are concerned about the freedom that open source can provide. We have
| found that Linux users cross all disciplines and careers and that
| working with the Linux community is both challenging and rewarding.
| I believe that it provides a very fertile and highly leveraged
| arena for starting entrepreneurs to grow new businesses and products.
`----

http://www.openaddict.com/interview_with_pchdtv_jack_kelliher.html

HDTV for Linux: New Options

,----[ Quote ]