[News] Red Hat Surveys World Regions for Free Software Adoption

Where In the World Is Open Source Software?

,----[ Quote ]
| The research, conducted by Georgia Tech, is based on the prevalence and
| acceptance of open source software in 75 different countries around the
| world. Each country was awarded points for "its policies, practices, and
| other data in the fields of Government, Industry, and Community." The data
| also takes into account that, though some countries have may not have a
| particularly high rate of FOSS use, the fact that it holds several IT patents
| or has a large number of Internet users indicates a open source software has
| a high potential of gaining traction in the future.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/where-in-the-world-is-open-source-software

Global Knowledge Joins Red Hat in Celebrating Ten Years of RHCE Certification
Training

,----[ Quote ]
| Global Knowledge, the worldwide leader in IT and Business training, today
| announced that it is joining training partner Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) in
| celebrating the ten-year anniversary of the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
| program. Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of open source solutions.
`----

http://eon.businesswire.com/portal/site/eon/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20090421005193&newsLang=en

Recent:

An open source government

,----[ Quote ]
| James Whitehurst became CEO of Red Hat, the Raleigh-based distributor of the
| Linux computer-operating software, in early 2008. Previously, he was a top
| executive with Delta Air Lines. This is a recent posting he wrote on Red
| Hat's blog.
|
| President Obama came to office with the promise of change. His administration
| has pledged to create an environment of openness and participation. Some have
| already called him the "open source president," such as consultant and CNN
| contributor Alex Castellanos.
|
| There's no better time than now. Transparency builds trust. Participation
| solves problems. And we believe that open source provides an answer.
`----

http://www.newsobserver.com/business/story/1490373.html

Answering the Call for Open Source Government

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://press.redhat.com/2009/04/06/answering-the-call-for-open-source-government/