[News] List of High-end Multimedia Applications for GNU/Linux

The List: The Top 5 Media Center Programs for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I though I would share my thoughts on my exploits with the popular Media
| Center Solutions for Linux. While none of them are perfect some come very
| close. Please keep in mind these are my opinions and you do not have to agree
| with me, but I feel my points are pretty spot on as of 4/09 , the current
| month and year. Some of the points made are with my personal experience with
| the program while one is based off a review, as I had trouble installing it.
| Please feel free to comment or use the “Contact Us” page at the top of the
| site.
`----

http://thelinuxcauldron.wordpress.com/2009/04/14/the-list-the-top-5-media-center-programs-for-linux/

Can Open Source Songbird Compete with iTunes?

,----[ Quote ]
| The developers promise further tools in the near future. They say they'd like
| to expand device support, which right now does not include Apple iPhones,
| iPod Touch, and Microsoft Zune devices.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3815666/Can-Open-Source-Songbird-Compete-with-iTunes.htm

Does maturity of a Linux application depend on compatibility with DRM bricks?
Also, the one to compare to should be Amarok.

Recent:

Hands-on: Amarok 2 rocks the house

,----[ Quote ]

`----