[News] Current Economy Proving Healthy to Free Software

Open Source 2009: It’s the Economy, Stupid. Or is it?

,----[ Quote ]
| Good news: Open source companies are alive and well.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7299/

Open-source VC investments: Time for payback

| Venture capitalists have poured $3.2 billion into open-source companies since
| 1997, according to a new report from The 451 Group. It's about time we
| started delivering a return on that investment.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10217824-16.html

Recent:

Why Recession Is Causing Enterprises to Rethink Open-Source Strategy

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-source software and middleware, which is now populating every part of
| modern data centers, has always had to fight a reputation—deserved or
| undeserved—of being simply too "Wild West" for many enterprises.
|
| Not so anymore, Alfresco's general manager for the Americas, Matt Asay, told
| a near full-house audience in his opening remarks at the sixth annual Open
| Source Business Conference here at the Palace Hotel.
|
| Alfresco, started up in 2005 by Documentum co-founder John Newton and John
| Powell, former chief operating officer of Business Objects, provides an
| enterprise-ready open-source CMS (content management system).
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-Open-Source/Why-Recession-is-Causing-Enterprises-to-Rethink-Open-Source-Strategy-877743/?kc=rss

Related:

No Recession at Red Hat