[News] New Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 Release, Successful Leader Stays for Another Round

  • Subject: [News] New Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 Release, Successful Leader Stays for Another Round
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 00:32:51 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 updated

,----[ Quote ]
| The Debian project is pleased to announce the eighth update of its oldstable
| distribution Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 (codename etch). This update mainly adds
| corrections for security problems to the stable release, along with a few
| adjustment to serious problems.
`----

http://www.debian.org/News/2009/20090408

Steve McIntyre re-elected Debian leader

,----[ Quote ]
| British developer Steve McIntyre has been re-elected leader of the Debian
| GNU/Linux project (DPL) for 2009-10.
|
| The contest for leader was a two-way affair this year, with McIntyre, who
| held the office in 2008-09, recontesting against Stefano Zacchiroli.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/24383/1148/

Debian Project Leader Election 2009 Results

Review: Debian 5: Lenny

,----[ Quote ]
| The last time I installed Debian was version 3.x and it was a little
| intimidating for me.  I had only installed Fedora before that and Debian did
| not have a GUI installer.  But I was able to figure it out and get it up and
| running without too much trouble.  Now with Debian 5, there is a GUI
| installer supported and I want to check it out and see how it compares to
| Anaconda and the other GUI installers I’ve seen.
`----

http://server.ericsbinaryworld.com/blog/2009/04/07/review-debian-5-lenny/

Why do I like Debian

,----[ Quote ]
| Each distro has it's own appeal to different people. I am not going to make a
| judgment on any distro in this article. Just saying why I Like Debian so
| much.
|
| I like other distros for other reasons and maybe I'll explain those sometime
| in the future. Maybe not.
|
| All I can say is give me a Debian netinstall disk or a base livecd and I'm a
| happy camper.
|
| For me, it just doesn't get better than that.
`----

http://linuxgeeksunited.blogspot.com/2009/03/why-do-i-like-debian.html

German schools pilot remote virtual Debian/KDE desktops

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3946686696.html?kc=rss