[News] PCLinuxOS 2009.1 Gets Very High Marks from Linux-hostile Site

Back and Better Than Ever--PCLinuxOS 2009.1 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| PCLinuxOS is one of those distributions that you could probably set up for
| your mom or for a non-techie friend and then have it pretty much work for
| them with very little support headaches on your part. I'd definitely
| recommend it as one of the must-try distributions available right now.

PCLinuxOS is GREAT!

,----[ Quote ]
| Another amazing feature is the extreme ease you can create a custom
| LiveCD/DVD: one click does it all for you!
| You can expect every program vetted by the PCLinuxOS team to work out of the
| box, and to work well!
| Give PCLinuxOS a spin, you won't be disappointed.
`----

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=159326

PCLinuxOS 2009.1 Mini review

,----[ Quote ]
| This is one of three really easy systems to use, and one of the few I would
| recommend to first time users. My two children use PCLinuxOS regularly when
| they spend time with daddy. On my GRUB bootloader menu, I put their names,
| followed by PCLinuxOS to make it easy to see in my multi-distro boot menu.
| They find it easily and have no problems using it. Is that enough of a
| testimonial to PCLinuxOS?
`----

http://usalug-org.blogspot.com/2009/03/pclinuxos-20091-mini-review.html

PCLinuxOS 2009.1 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| PCLinuxOS is a Linux distribution based on Mandriva Linux. The most recent
| update, and the first since the last update in 2007, was released last week.
| This review will be the very first review of PCLinuxOS on this site.
|
| [...]
|
| What we like about PCLinuxOS Using PCLinuxOS is like using Mandriva Linux
| Powerpack without paying for it. The main thing missing is that LVM
| configuration is not supported. Also disk encryption is limited.
|
| What needs to improve Not a whole lot, but there are key features I think
| should be supported especially when those features are supported on Mandriva,
| its parent distro. Here’s a short list:
|
|     * A regular release schedule. PCLinuxOS 2009.1 is the first release since
|     2007. That wont cut it in the free software operating system arena.
|     * LVM configuration. Contrary to the opinions of a few mis-informed
|     people, Linux Logical Volume Manager is important, even on the desktop.
|     * The firewall must be enabled by default. There is no good reason to
|     disable the firewall on a networked computer.
|     * During the installation and just before the packages are installed,
|     give users one last opportunity to tweak their settings. That the way it
|     is on Mandriva.
`----

http://linuxbsdos.com/2009/03/22/pclinuxos-20091-review/

SAM-Linux, PCLinuxOS' Ugly Duckling?

,----[ Quote ]
| Running SAM2008-claw-rc1 is still a very enjoyable experience proving once
| more that SAM-Linux is definitely not an ugly duckling.
`----

http://wamukota.blogspot.com/2009/03/sam-linux-pclinuxos-ugly-duckling.html

PCLinuxOS 2009.1 userbar

http://g33kgrrl.wordpress.com/2009/03/21/pclinuxos-20091-userbar/

PCLinuxOS 2009.1 - A lovely distro

,----[ Quote ]
| PCLinuxOS 2009.1 is a superb distro. It's very well made. In particular, the
| Gnome edition is the crown jewel of this release, with great stability, fresh
| looks, and tons of excellent programs across a broad range of sections.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/pclinuxos-2009.html

PCLinuxOS 2009.1 - A Taste of an Old Friend

,----[ Quote ]
| The key items that pushed me over:
|
|     * I decided KDE may be ok to "push" through... force myself
|     * Dual-monitor support was EASIER than Ubuntu
|     * Wireless was EASIER to get setup than Ubuntu
|     * Software packages were more up-to-date. An example is Open Office - 3.0
|       instead of 2.4
|     * Flash was all set
|     * Java as well
|     * Wallpaper - I dig being able to select different wallpaper for each of
|       my monitors... that adds to the cool factor
|     * Konqueror - I am liking Konqueror more and more (I wish I could get
|       this up and running on Windows)
`----

http://sloppyganger.blogspot.com/2009/03/pclinuxos-20091-taste-of-old-friend.html

Linux Distro Test: PCLinuxOS 2009.1

,----[ Quote ]
| PCLinuxOS has come out with a beauty of a distro with 2009.1 The overall
| handling is like a Cadillac and is full featured enough to get right down to
| business without too much setup.
`----

http://linux-hardcore.com/index.php?topic=2001.msg12616#msg12616

Linux Distro Test: PCLinuxOS Gnome 2009.1

,----[ Quote ]
| PCLinuxOS Gnome 2009.1 is a slick looking offering with plenty of tools to
| get started with. The repros have most of the more popular packages, and it
| tricks out nicely. This distro always has a place on my HD.
`----

http://linux-hardcore.com/index.php?topic=2002.msg12617#msg12617

Review: PcLinuxOS 2009.1

,----[ Quote ]
| So rest easy PCLOS Devs, your distro stays on my recommended list of
| distributions for new users.  And while it's indeed a bit behind, considering
| where you came from to get to here, you did a very good job.  But we will be
| looking forward with eager anticipation to your next release.  One preferably
| with KDE 4.2 or greater running under the hood.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=540

PCLOS 2009 [Screenshots]

http://www.tuxmachines.org/gallery/v/pclos2009/

PCLinuxOS 2009.1 Bounces Back with a Bang!

,----[ Quote ]
| First I installed it on my spare Compaq notebook that has an aging Celeron M
| processor. And I find it quite snappy. Right from switching on the button to
| full-blown KDE took 1min 20sec only. And I dare say on a Core2Duo Pentium or
| Centrino it will dwarf many other desktop-wannabes.
|
| Long live PCLinuxOS!
`----

http://pclinuxos2007.blogspot.com/2009/03/pclinuxos-20091-bounces-back-with-bang.html

Blue Hot PCLinuxOS 2009 Walkthrough and First Impressions

,----[ Quote ]
| Based on the brief but thorough period of using PCLinuxOS 2009, I can
| honestly say that it’s another outstanding release for the PCLOS team. It is
| an all-around user-friendly no-nonsense desktop distro that I can highly
| recommend to ordinary users as well as power users because it “just works”. I
| think it truly deserves to be considered as one of the best Linux distro at
| the moment.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/03/red-hot-pclinuxos-2009-walkthrough-and.html

The Ill-Fated PCLinuxOS 2009.1 Experiment

,----[ Quote ]
| I would happily recommend PCLinuxOS 2009.1 to new and old Linux users alike.
| PCLOS has a large repository of great (RPM) packages, a thriving, friendly
| community and a development team who really know how to put together a top
| class product, even if they do take their time about it.
|
| The first time you launch Firefox in 2009.1, you're taken to a customised
| PCLinuxOS page which has a title in the window border which says: "PCLinuxOS
| 2009.1 - The distro-hopper-stopper".
|
| Cocky? I don't think so. PCLOS 2009.1 really is that good.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2009/03/ill-fated-pclinuxos-20091-experiment.html

PCLinuxOS: Radically simple and a bit boring for geeks

,----[ Quote ]
| Tex and the Ripper gang have proved once more, that those who claimed "You
| need at least a master degree in computer science to maintain a Linux system"
| are rather redicoulous. PCLinuxOS proves that those chaps are simply lying
| trought their teeth. If you are actually looking for a no brainer OS (no pun
| intendet), kiss Microsoft Windows goodby and get your copy of PCLinuxOS.
`----

http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2009/03/pclinuxos-radically-simple-and-bit.html

HackMy...phase II

,----[ Quote ]
| For those of you who don't know, Hackmy... forums started out as a "advanced"
| forum for users of PCLinuxOS.
|
| HackMy has moved to a new host and has a whole new look and goal though.
|
| Hackmy is now open to users of Linux, ANY distro.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/35058

First Look: PCLinuxOS 2009.1 GNOME

,----[ Quote ]
| In conclusion, PCLinuxOS 2009.1 GNOME will certainly please its thirsty
| community. It looks great, it's stable enough to be used on a daily basis,
| and it has a lot of useful applications. Get over the minor issues and you'll
| be in for an enjoyable experience.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Look-PCLinuxOS-2009-1-GNOME-106744.shtml

Quick look around PCLinuxOS 2009.1

,----[ Quote ]
| I was planning to install this on the old test-pc, but PCLinuxOS is very
| impressive. I think I’ll use it to replace the Windows 7 beta that’s on my
| main system.
`----

http://celettu.wordpress.com/2009/03/13/quick-look-around-pclinuxos-20091/

PCLinuxOS 2009.1 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| As I said at the beginning, there's a good reason why PCLinuxOS has such a
| loyal following. It's good. It works. It includes lots of excellent packages.
| If you give it a try, you are likely to really
| be pleased - I am.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10012344o-2000498448b,00.htm

Five-O for PCLinuxOS

,----[ Quote ]
| After rebooting to PCLinuxOS, I mentioned to them about the upcoming 2009
| release. And one of the guys was dumbfounded, querying if there'll be
| something better? I didn't answer but instead asked Marvin what he was using
| his laptop for, and explained to him that I wanted to install the programs he
| needed to get the most from his machine. Well, it was pretty much basic so
| within the hour (I have a local PCLinuxOS repository), I got much of what he
| needed; his system updated and loaded. Marvin was a bit baffled how he got
| GIMP, the latest Firefox, OpenOffice.org, digiKam, amarok, and a host of
| other goodies. Three points.
`----

http://pclinuxosuser.blogspot.com/2009/02/five-o-for-pclinuxos.html

PCLOS 2009 On the Wing

,----[ Quote ]
| As I write here I’m downloading the beta 3 of PCLinuxOS 2009, which will be
| my first go at the Ripper gang’s newest version since 2007. Based on that
| experience, my expectations are high. I guess that’s what happens when you
| produce quality stuff, Texstar: people start anticipating better and better.
`----

http://dailyrevolution.net/?p=4163

PCLinuxOS 2009.1 - a worthy successor

,----[ Quote ]