[News] PHP Programming Defended by Zend CEO

Video Interview with Zend CEO Andi Gutmans

,----[ Quote ]
| The PHP architect and CEO Zend Technologies, Andi Gutmans, about the future
| of the company and the scripting language.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/online/news/video_interview_with_zend_ceo_andi_gutmans

Q&A: Zend CEO talks up latest server releases

,----[ Quote ]
| With Zend Server, we're taking this maturity to the next level and addressing
| the increasing market demand we see for a production environment that can
| support PHP developers and administrators.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13846_3-10213673-62.html

Recent:

Zend Technologies Readies a New PHP Application Server

,----[ Quote ]
| ... 95 percent of them go on to deploy on Linux.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/162303/zend_technologies_readies_a_new_php_application_server.html?tk=rss_news

PHP Zend Framework 1.7 adds Adobe support

,----[ Quote ]
| The Zend Framework 1.7 also includes some other neat features that PHP
| developers will likely benefit from. Among them is the  ZendX_JQuery module
| which provides integration with the JQuery JavaScript toolkit. There is also
| support in the Zend_Search_Lucene module for indexing Office Open XML
| documents which could be a very useful thing too.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/11/php-zend-framework-17-adds-ado.html

Why You Cannot Forge an Open Source Forge

,----[ Quote ]
| Although proprietary software may try to create the same kind of community
| using add-ons, extensions and the like, it can never hope to match the power
| of truly open software in this regard. Indeed, that's one of the great things
| about free software: the more that an associated company gives in terms of
| licensing its code freely, the more it is likely to receive from the
| community that forms around that code.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolbox/open-source/blogs/index.cfm?blogid=14&entryid=808

Will IBM Buy Zend / PHP ?

,----[ Quote ]
| In my view, there can only be one company and that company is IBM. Let me
| explain by first eliminating the other potential suitors.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/05/will-ibm-buy-zend-php.html

Zend stacks PHP for work and play

,----[ Quote ]
| Other goals for the Zend Framework include improved AJAX integration -
| version 1.5 features server-side support with action helpers to automate AJAX
| detection and responses - and the bundling of Zend Framework with operating
| system distributions. Version 1.5 is being made available with Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/03/14/zend_php_framework_support/

Next Eclipse platform could slip IBM's grip

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/03/14/eclipse_e4_ibm_dominance/