[News] OpenSUSE Gets a Lift from the Linux Foundation

The Linux Foundation Adds the openSUSE Build Service to its Developer Network

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the first announcements rolling out of the Linux Collaboration Summit
| in San Francisco this morning is the Linux Foundation's addition of the
| openSUSE Build Service (OBS) to its Linux Developer Network. The Foundation
| plans to provide an interface to the OBS via the LDN site to aid developers
| wishing to package their projects for all of the major Linux distributions.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/the-linux-foundation-adds-the-opensuse-build-service-to-its-developer-network

OpenSUSE Build Service adds ARM support

,----[ Quote ]
| The OpenSUSE Build Service was released in a 1.6 version that adds ARM
| support to the community distro. Meanwhile, the Linux Foundation (LF)
| announced that the service will be incorporated in its Linux Developer
| Network (LDN), enabling "software to be packaged for all major Linux
| distributions," says the LF.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2525419053.html?kc=rss

Dell thin clients pre-loaded with Suse Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Southern African IT distributor Workgroup is anticipating growth in the South
| African Linux thin client market and says that Dell’s OptiPlex FX160 devices
| will be available locally pre-installed with Suse Linux Enterprise Thin
| Client.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=4634

Recent:

Building Linux Software the easy way: OpenSUSE Build Service

,----[ Quote ]
| Let’s say you want to write an easy-to-install program for any Linux
| distribution. That’s a a problem. There is no single, easy way to install
| software for all versions of Linux OpenSUSE thinks it has an answer: the
| openSUSE Build Service.
|
| The openSUSE project, the community Linux distribution supported by Novell,
| announced the release of its openSUSE Build Service 1.0 on July 7th. The
| first major release of the Build Service provides developers with direct
| access to the code repositories for the openSUSE Linux distribution.

`----

http://practical-tech.com/operating-system/building-linux-software-the-easy-way-opensuse-build-service/

openSUSE 11.0; KDE 4.1 Improvements

,----[ Quote ]