[News] Red Hat Makes Data Integration Code Free Software

Red Hat Done Good: Open Sources Data Integration Code

,----[ Quote ]
| It's very easy to treat Red Hat as something of a cold, corporate outsider in
| the cosy world of feel-good distros like Ubuntu – I've done it myself. Its
| recent comments dismissing GNU/Linux on the desktop have not really helped in
| this respect. But Red Hat's steadfast focus on the enterprise market does
| mean that it's doing some sterling work in filling in missing bits of the
| corporate open source puzzle.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?blogid=14&entryid=2081

Recent:

Red Hat sees growth spurt as cos seek to slash costs

,----[ Quote ]
| Leading open source provider Red Hat is witnessing a spurt in growth
| alongside a global tendency to seek value for money. Red Hat India president
| and managing director Nandu Pradhan told ET that the company was witnessing
| good traffic with its customers and partners, with the performance reflected
| in high double digit growth.
`----

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Infotech/Red-Hat-sees-growth-spurt/articleshow/4339193.cms

Related:

NYSE Euronext banks on Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| If anyone out there persists in believing that Linux isn't ready for serious
| prime time, NYSE Euronext's dependence on Red Hat should finally lay that
| silly notion to rest. As announced, the New York Stock Exchange Euronext
| dumped its proprietary UNIX heritage (AIX, HP UX, Solaris) for the freedom,
| flexibility, and performance of Linux.
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9942680-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Linux steps up to power NZ Stock Exchange

,----[ Quote ]
| The New Zealand Stock Exchange is moving to a Linux platform for its
| settlement and clearing system, replacing its existing HP NonStop platform
| and applications in order to reduce cost and increase flexibility.
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/F586239BCCA7593FCC2573F00001488E

HP Linux servers bolster NYSE trading app

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1285921,00.html