[News] More Free Graphics Software/Drivers Enter Kernel Space (Linux)

NVIDIA's Open-Source Driver Gets Updated

,----[ Quote ]
| The ill-maintained, feature-limited, and obfuscated driver known as
| xf86-video-nv driver has a new release out. This is the first open-source
| NVIDIA X.Org driver update in several months, but its change-log is rather
| limited. The xf86-video-nv 2.1.13 release was pushed out by Red Hat's Adam
| Jackson, and not even NVIDIA.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzE4OA

Gallium3D-Capable Mesa 7.5 Release This Week!

,----[ Quote ]
| It was just three months ago that Mesa 7.3 was released and then work on
| stabilizing this graphics stack to form Mesa 7.4 began. When the development
| began on Mesa 7.5, the Gallium3D architecture was merged to master. This work
| soon will appear in a released version of Mesa.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzE4OQ

Recent:

NVIDIA's Release Happiness Continues Into April

,----[ Quote ]
| NVIDIA had ended out March with five Linux display driver releases with it
| ranging from a day to a week between updated Linux drivers were pushed out
| from this Santa Clara company. It's been just over a week since their last
| display driver release, but it looks like April will be another month of
| fierce Linux/Solaris/BSD driver updates from NVIDIA.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzE4Nw

Four Days Pass, Time For New NVIDIA Linux Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| NVIDIA pushed out the 185.13 Beta Linux driver just four days ago, but
| already they have released another new Linux driver. This time around, the
| NVIDIA 180.37.04 driver was released. Most notably what's introduced with
| this driver is support for OpenGL 3.1, which was just publicly announced by
| the Khronos Group a few hours ago. This driver is based upon the 180.3x
| release stream does not incorporate some of the features found in the newer
| 185.xx series
`----.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzE2OA

Gallium3D: TGSI IR, OpenCL, LLVM Work Ahead

,----[ Quote ]
| FreeDesktop.org hacker Zack Rusin has provided an update on his blog about
| some of his recent activities when it comes to Gallium3D.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzE2Mw

VDPAU + OpenGL 3.0 On Gallium3D This Summer?

`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzE0Mg

X@FOSDEM 2009: RandR 1.3, GEM, Gallium3D, Etc

,----[ Quote ]
| All of the recordings from the X.Org meetings that took place during FOSDEM
| 2009 are now available on Phoronix. There were nine topics in total from
| RandR 1.3 to shader compiler optimization strategies.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzA2Ng

OpenCL In Gallium3D By Summer

,----[ Quote ]
| Zack Rusin, one of the influential developers behind the Linux graphics
| scene, has blogged about OpenCL support in the free software stack. Just
| yesterday we talked about support for OpenCL in GCC, but Zack's work deals
| with implementing support for the Open Computing Language into the
| open-source X.Org drivers.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzAzMw

Related:

Mesa 7.3 Released, Gallium3D Landing Soon

,----[ Quote ]
| Four months after Mesa 7.2 was released, Mesa 7.3 has now officially
| surfaced. Mesa 7.3 has been in testing since earlier this month with it
| having gone through three release candidates. The new features found in this
| latest version of the standard Open-Source OpenGL stack is proper support for
| GLSL 1.20 and the Intel DRI driver now supports the Graphics Execution
| Manager and Direct Rendering Infrastructure 2.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=mesa_73&num=1

Gallium3D To Enter Mainline Mesa Code

,----[ Quote ]
| As we shared late last week, Mesa 7.3 is getting ready for release with the
| first release candidate having arrived. Mesa 7.3 will feature improved GLSL
| 1.20 support, support for the Graphics Execution Manager, and Direct
| Rendering Infrastructure 2 integration. The stabilized version of Mesa 7.3
| will then go to make Mesa 7.4.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njk4OA

Gallium3D: a short explanation where it fits in

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2008/08/14/gallium3d-a-short-explanation-where-it-fits-in/
http://tinyurl.com/5l7sk5