[News] New Softpedia Newsletter, Linux Fest NorthWest is Near

Softpedia Linux Weekly, Issue 40

,----[ Quote ]
| For this week's editorial we took a quick look at the Ubuntu Portable
| project. The "first look" article offers you a quick preview of the new eyeOS
| 1.8.5 web operating system. Last week we took Wolvix 2.0.0 Beta for a test
| drive, so don't forget to check out the results! In the Linux distribution
| announcement section you will find the following releases: Fedora 11 Beta,
| CentOS 5.3, AsteriskNOW 1.5.0, VectorLinux 6.0 Light, Parted Magic 4.0. In
| other news: The new Nvidia video drivers for Linux bring support for newer
| GPUs; The KDE community announced KDE 4.2.2; Ubuntu Podcast intreviews Mark
| Shuttleworth. The weekly ends with the video clip of the week, the latest
| Linux distributions released/updated last week and the development releases.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Softpedia-Linux-Weekly-Issue-40-108697.shtml#0

Linux Fest NorthWest is coming!

,----[ Quote ]
| Some very cool people will be there this year, including Jon “Maddog” Hall.
| As well as representatives from the One Laptop Per Child project, Novell,
| Fedora and more.
`----

http://lunduke.com/?p=356

Lots of excising stuff for Linux. Not much for Microsoft, which only axes
divisions these days.

Recent:

The 7th Annual So Cal Linux Expo Approaches

,----[ Quote ]
| SCALE fills all main speaker tracks; space still open in specialty conference
| tracks. The 7th Annual So Cal Linux Expo is shaping up nicely. In spite of
| adding an additional track to the weekend conference, all four tracks have
| been filled. The Expo received 148 submittals , all of which were excellent,
| for 45 speaker slots. The speaker selections have been completed and the
| speakers are being notified. Keynote speaker selection is in progress.

SCALE Organizers Call For Women in Open Source Presentations

,----[ Quote ]
| The Southern California Linux Expo (SCALE) is one of the most heavily
| attended open source events held each year. Slated to begin February 20,
| 2009, SCALE will once again host the annual Women in Open Source Conference
| (WIOS), a one-day event where women in the open source industry have the
| chance to showcase their work, share accomplishments, and brainstorm ideas.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/scale-organizers-call-for-women-in-open-source-presentations

Related:

Misys Delivers on Promise to Release Open Source Code at Southern California
Linux Expo

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ca.us.biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080207/ukth114.html?.v=2