[News] Arch GNU/Linux and Derivatives Gain Happy Users

Another new Arch user

,----[ Quote ]
| I had the idea of using Arch for some time now and with the pain of first
| configuring it gone thanks to the Chakra project I went for it.
| So far I've had some minor issues which I've been able to tackle. And besides
| that I have to customize it to use the packages I use I'm a very happy new
| user. It's fast and it's nearly vanilla KDE, so what else can you ask for?
| =D.
`----

http://carloslicea.blogspot.com/2009/04/another-new-arch-user.html

Chakra: my new distro of choice.

,----[ Quote ]
| And then, two days ago I suddenly came across Chakra. It’s basically Arch
| linux + kdemod, but then with a live cd and quick and easy installer. And
| it’s amazing. It absolutely FLIES. On avage it consumes about 150-250 MB less
| memory then my kubuntu installation (?!). Everything works very well out of
| the box. The kde packaging is very well done. The live cd environment is one
| of the most response i’ve ever encountered (and uses only 256 MB RAM). It has
| rolling releases, so it’s easy to always run the bleeding edge. And it’s
| package manager pacman is really fast and easy to use.
`----

http://pindablog.wordpress.com/2009/04/05/chakra-my-new-distro-of-choice/

Recent:

Trying Arch

,----[ Quote ]
| [I]t all works in Arch. NVidia drivers and Twinview settings were copy/pasted
| from Gentoo, and compositing all works fine. No performance problems in KDE
| with resizing or dragging windows, no Plasma crashes (yet), no missing icons
| or invisible notification area. QtCurve works in Qt3, Qt4 and GTK just fine.
| My sound card worked without any manual configuration at all. My mouse worked
| without tweaking, including the thumb buttons. Same with networking, the
| install prompted me for my IP and gateway etc. and then it worked, no effort.
`----

http://briancarper.net/blog/trying-arch

Arch Linux Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Arch Linux is a rolling release distribution, meaning there is no specific
| dates for new releases, it is continously developing, it is almost always at
| the bleeding edge, with the most updated versions of packages.
| This means you only have to install once, and then just keep updating arch,
| and you will always have the most "recent release", this is one of the
| aspects I like the most about Arch Linux
|
| [...]
|
| Arch Linux is a great distro, it has almost always the latest package
| versions available, it is optimized to run on modern computers, and is a
| great option for the Desktop user, it may requiere a little of work to make
| it work, but do not be afraid it is actually easy to make it, you just need
| some time.
`----

http://www.go2linux.org/arch-linux-review

Linux Review 11: Arch Linux