[News] Lots of KDE4 Progress Details, Amarok 2.1 is Near

Fun with Krita: Spray

,----[ Quote ]
| I coded some funny stuff for a paintop called spray. The idea behind it was
| that I wanted to add a “killer” feature to krita — spray that behaves like MS
| Paint spray. But then I added support for anti-aliased pixels, then I added
| support for shapes and it started to be fun, so I added more features.
`----

http://lukast.mediablog.sk/log/?p=66

Kalzium - Video play feature

,----[ Quote ]
| This is a cool feature that I have added to Kalzium. It will be really
| attractive in schools. I call it the play feature. You can basically play the
| periodic table like a video where you can see the temperature increase from 0
| K to 6000 K gradually and see all the elements melt and eventually boil.
`----

http://kashthealien.wordpress.com/2009/04/03/kalzium-video-play-feature/

WebKit + D-Bus -> Instant Chrome-like browser [continued]

,----[ Quote ]
| The next step will be to implement more advanced, but still standard browsing
| features. The smart address bar will be one of the first. It could probably
| end up in Konqueror and Rekonq eventually.
`----

http://ivan.fomentgroup.org/blog/2009/04/03/instant-chrome-continued/

Two KDE SVN Branches and Git

http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009/04/03/two-kde-svn-branches-and-git/

Amarok 2.1: Mini Update

,----[ Quote ]
| I don’t like to tease too much — so to save you asking, Amarok 2.1 beta 1
| should be available for widespread testing within a fortnight. Lap it up when
| it arrives!
`----

http://www.sebruiz.net/355

Mini overview: Rekonq

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4.x default web browser is Konqueror, I'm not sure, but I think it used
| to be the only web browser for KDE (if there were others, I apologize with
| you for the omission), until now. Rekonq is based on Arora (which is a pure
| Qt application), Arora itself is quite good and fast, Rekonq is as good, as
| fast but more integrated.
`----

http://introducingkde4.blogspot.com/2009/04/mini-overview-rekonq.html

Related:

The LHC is using KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| I found some more interesting images:
|
| http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fotostrecke-35141-3.html
| http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fotostrecke-35141-5.html
| http://img388.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ohptoftimemeasured13sepjy2.png (from
| slashdot.org)
`----

http://blog.scopeport.org/nix/lhc-kde/

Deploying KDE to 52 million young people

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/04/deploying-kde-to-52-million-young.html