[News] [Rival] Microsoft -- Approaching Debt -- Start Selling Chunks of the Company

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft -- Approaching Debt -- Start Selling Chunks of the Company
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 12:19:40 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft might sell Razorfish next.

Microsoft Sells Franchise Gator To Landmark Interactive; Price Around $20
Million

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft’s digital advertising division, which includes what was formerly
| aQuantive, has sold off its small subsidiary Franchise Gator, to Landmark
| Interactive, paidContent has learned. The sale price is around $20 million.
`----

http://www.paidcontent.org/entry/419-microsoft-sells-off-franchise-gator-to-landmark-interactive-price-aroun/

Report: Microsoft sells piece of the former aQuantive for $20 mil.

http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/Report_Microsoft_sells_piece_of_the_former_aQuantive_for_20_mil_42430962.html

Landmark buys FranchiseGator.com from Microsoft

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/04/landmark-buys-franchisegatorcom-microsoft

Days ago:

Victim Of Wikipedia: Microsoft To Shut Down Encarta

,----[ Quote ]
| The decision to cut Encarta also comes as Microsoft looks to cut costs. The
| company has discontinued several products this year, including its Train
| Simulator game. The news was first reported by Ars Technica.
`----

http://www.paidcontent.org/entry/419-microsoft-pulls-the-plug-on-msn-encarta/

Related:

P. Graham: Microsoft is Dead