[News] Censorship/Web Abuse: Webmaster Falsely Accused of Drug Abuse

UWWWB

,----[ Quote ]
| Hello, this is CygonX. Our Hosting Data Center has suffered a major disaster:
| Namely the FBI storming the Data Center and the company's owner's home
| (that's me). The FBI took an entire data center, hundreds of servers,
| routers, switches, UPS system, cabinets, monitors, printers, and even power
| strips...as evidence.
|
| [...]
|

| So the FBI is under-funded, under-educated, under-staffed, and they don’t
| have the budget or the man hours to truly investigate anything. The CSI you
| see on TV, is 100% not real. The lead agent of the investigation is
| non-technical. I could barely have a conversation with him. They just don’t
| get it, they don’t understand the business, and it’s actually their lack of
| technical expertise that caused them to raid my home, office, and data center
| to begin with.
|
| They found no drugs, no guns, and no evidence of any criminal activity. No
| one has been arrested, and to the best of our collective knowledge and
| attorneys, no one has even been charged with anything.
`----

http://www.uwwwb.com/

Recent:

FBI buries docs showing US officials stole nuke secrets?

,----[ Quote ]
| The FBI is denying the existence of a file that details a program whereby US
| officials stole nuclear weapons secrets for eventual sale to Pakistan and
| Saudi Arabia -- but there's plenty of evidence for the file's existence...
`----

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/01/19/fbi-buries-docs-show.html

Related:

FBI ducks questions about its remotely installed spyware

,----[ Quote ]
| There are plenty of unanswered questions about the FBI spyware that, as we
| reported earlier this week, can be delivered over the Internet and implanted
| in a suspect's computer remotely.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9747666-7.html

FBI remotely installs spyware to trace bomb threat

,----[ Quote ]
| While there's been plenty of speculation about how the FBI might deliver
| spyware electronically, this case appears to be the first to reveal how the
| technique is used in practice. The FBI did confirm in 2001 that it was
| working on a virus called Magic Lantern but hasn't said much about it since.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9746451-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

HP Uses FBI's Software?

,----[ Quote ]