[News] Purely Free Software Distribution Not Hard Anymore

How to install gNewSense mips-l on the Lemote Yeeloong

,----[ Quote ]
| Since some months we have Lemote Yeeloong, the first fully free software
| laptop but what about gNewSense, our fully free software favourite
| distribution?
`----

http://www.sorbaioli.org/2009/03/29/how-to-install-gnewsense-mips-l-on-the-lemote-yeeloong/

Recent:

LAC Now Shipping gNewSense 2.0 Systems (1 May 2008)

,----[ Quote ]
| gNewSense DeltaH was released today, and we are pleased to offer
| preconfigured Workstations, Portable Systems, ThinkCentres, Laptops, and
| Servers, as well as fully customized Core 2 Duo, Athlon 64, Xeon, and Opteron
| computers, preinstalled with the latest gNewSense GNU/Linux operating system.
| gNewSense is a GNU/Linux distribution that is listed as free by the GNU
| Project.
`----

http://laclinux.com/gnu/News#20080501.1

Ultra-free gNewSense 2.0 beta released

,----[ Quote ]
| Brian Brazil and the team behind the ultra-free gNewSense Linux distribution
| have released a beta of the forthcoming 2.0 (or Deltah) series. gNewSense is
| based on Ubuntu but strips the distribution of non-free components to provide
| users with a truly free operating system. gNewSense is backed by the Free
| Software Foundation.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2380

gNewSense 2.0 [Screenshots]

,----[ Quote ]
| Less than a week after the release of Ubuntu 8.04 LTS "Hardy Heron", the Free
| Software Foundation has gone ahead and released version 2.0 (named DeltaH) of
| gNewSense. For those not familiar with gNewSense, this is one of the few
| distributions certified by the Free Software Foundation as being a truly free
| Linux distribution. gNewSense 2.0 is essentially Ubuntu 8.04 LTS but with a
| few modifications to make it more free by removing some binary-only
| components. New in gNewSense 2.0 is also new artwork, switching the default
| web browser from Mozilla Firefox to Epiphany, Blag's deblob script in the
| kernel, and non-free GLX being removed from X.Org/Mesa. Here are a few
| screenshots from this latest release.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=gnewsense_2&num=1

Related:

The Importance of the 'Completely Libre' Distributions

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blue-gnu.biz/content/importance_039_completely_libre_039_distributions