[News] Mandriva Rules Sub-notebooks Series, Sylvania Replaces Mandriva with Ubuntu

  • Subject: [News] Mandriva Rules Sub-notebooks Series, Sylvania Replaces Mandriva with Ubuntu
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 01:22:02 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Xfce 4.6 -- Mandriva rules Wind

,----[ Quote ]
| Okay, I've got quite a nicely working Xfce 4.6 finally set up on my Wind
| U100.
`----

http://fluxam.livejournal.com/102982.html

A Linux Netbook Done The Right Way: the Sylvania g Netbook Meso

,----[ Quote ]
| I've been totally satisfied with the Sylvania g Netbook Meso. No, the
| hardware isn't perfect but the design issues I pointed out are all minor
| issues which haven't detracted from my computing experience. Performance is
| excellent, as in more than good enough for me to use the Meso for literally
| everything I normally do on a computer without feeling like I'm missing
| anything. The netbook is solidly built and still lightweight enough to go
| anywhere.
`----

http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2009/03/a-linux-netbook-done-the-right.html

Recent:

Review: Sylvania's g Netbook Meso

,----[ Quote ]
| Although traditionally known for its electrical and lighting products,
| Sylvania has also licensed its name to other manufacturers to expand its
| product lines. The latest entry is in the rapidly growing market of netbooks.
|
| Produced by Digital Gadgets, which previously specialized in various mobile
| electronics and accessories, Sylvania's g Netbook Meso is similar in many
| ways to its more well-known competitors. Measuring 9-x-7-x-1.25 inches, it
| weighs approximately 2.2 pounds without battery.
|
| [...]
|
| Our test unit was loaded with Ubuntu Netbook Remix, but Windows XP Home
| Edition is available as an option. The interface of the operating system is
| nicely laid out and easy to navigate, even for Linux novices.
`----

http://www.crn.com/retail/212900515

Sylvania Netbook With Ubuntu: A Good Mix

,----[ Quote ]
| Sylvania's G Netbook Meso offers a nice-looking screen and plenty of ports --
| you get three USBs as well as a VGA. The keyboard is just too cramped for
| reviewer Jack Germain's liking, though that's a problem found on just about
| any tiny netbook computer. The available Ubuntu Netbook Remix OS will give
| you the option to effortless switch between two GUI
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Sylvania-Netbook-With-Ubuntu-A-Good-Mix-65704.html

Sylvania g Netbook Meso

,----[ Quote ]
| The keyboard is too cramped, but this mini-notebook’s sleek Ubuntu Netbook
| Remix operating system and solid endurance give it a fighting chance.
`----

http://www.laptopmag.com/review/laptops/sylvania-g-netbook-meso.aspx

Linux-compatible netbook sports multiple colors

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Digital Gadgets, the Sylvania g netbook MESO will be offered
| with both the Linux-based Ubuntu Netbook Remix Linux distribution and Windows
| XP Home Edition.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2518296895.html?kc=rss

Sylvania g MESO and MAGNI netbooks to arrive soon

,----[ Quote ]
| Starting with the netbook g MESO, it feature 8.9-inch screen, 80 GB hard
| drive and comes with an option of 512 MB or 1GB RAM. For consumers who prefer
| 512 MB RAM option, the g MESO, shining in black chassis, supports Linux-based
| Ubuntu netbook remix operating system. While the 1GB RAM option is said to be
| compatible with both Ubuntu and Windows XP operating systems.
`----

http://www.techgadgets.in/laptop/2008/02/sylvania-g-meso-and-magni-netbooks-to-arrive-soon/
http://tinyurl.com/5cbk64

Invasion of the Netbooks: New systems from Asus, Acer, and Sylvania

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9999726-1.html