[News] [Rival] Qinghua University Sells Students to Criminal Corporation

Anger over Microsoft deal with Qinghua U.

,----[ Quote ]
| A collaborative agreement between Qinghua University in Beijing and Microsoft
| has caused an outcry led by a top Chinese computer scientist. This three-year
| agreement specifies Qinghua’s participation in Microsoft’s campus genuine
| software initiative, which requires that all on-campus computers used by
| students and faculty members be installed with genuine versions of the
| Microsoft Vista operating system and Office 2007 suite.
|
| This is a new development involving the software giant, after it released
| its “Black Screen” antipiracy patch last October, which directly impacted
| many thousands of individual computer users. Since then, an increasing number
| of schools are opting for the Linux operating system and domestic Office
| software packages.
`----

http://www.upiasia.com/Society_Culture/2009/03/31/anger_over_microsoft_deal_with_qinghua_u/5897/

Watch the leaked document below. Microsoft is bribing again.

    Microsoft Live@Edu

    With Microsoft Live@Edu, each student in your institute can have their
official college email ID, hosted with Microsoft using either Windows Live
Hotmail® or Exchange Labs for free.

    Microsoft Live@edu is a platform that supports the collaborative campus of
the 21st century. With 10 gigabytes (GB) of storage (using Exchange Labs),
Office Live Workspaces, Windows Live SkyDrive, Microsoft SharedView and other
Live offerings, you can participate in online tutorials, collaborate on
assignments, debate with faculty, and build lifelong relationships with your
institution.

    Read more about Microsoft Live@Edu at - http://get.liveatedu.com

    MSDN Academic Alliance

    MSDN Academic Alliance provides the easiest and most inexpensive way for
universities to make the latest Microsoft software available in labs,
classrooms and student PCs. With one simple agreement and a distribution
system created for academic needs, MSDN Academic Alliance offers immense
value, flexibility and convenience for your institute (and not to mention
genuine Microsoft software for all of you).

    This software may be installed on any number of departmental lab machines.
The software must be used only for instructional and research purposes. It may
not be used to run the infrastructure of the department. In addition, the
department’s faculty and students may check-out or download the software to
install on their personal computers for non-commercial use at no additional
charge (Did we mention that Windows Vista is part of MSDN AA? :-)).

    Read more about MSDN Academic Alliance at http://www.msdnaa.net

    So, here’s the plan…
    1.     Read all about Microsoft Live@Edu and MSDN AA
    2.     Contact your faculty and get a faculty champion who will support you
to deploy Live@Edu and/or MSDN AA and sign up your institute for this
initiative before 15th October 2008
    3.     Help us deploy Live@Edu and MSDN AA
    4.     Provide your peers with their official email IDs and genuine
Microsoft software
    5.     Collect 140 activity points on www.student-partners.com
    6.     Become the most sought-after person on campus
    7.     And yes, win cool prizes –

        *          All MSPs who successfully deploy and launch Live@Edu or MSDN
AA using ELMS in their college will receive a Live@Edu goody bag

        * Top 3 colleges with maximum number of active LiveIDs and software
downloads at the end of 31st of December win 4 Windows Mobile Phones (one each
for the Principal, your department HOD, Faculty Champion and one for you!)

    Are you game?
    Sign up your institute for either Live@Edu or MSDN AA today by replying
back to this email with the following information –
            - College Name:
            - Faculty Name:
            - Faculty Designation:
            - Faculty Contact Number:
            - Faculty Email Address:
            - Interested in (Live@Edu or MSDN AA or Both):
    Once we receive this information, we will contact you with next steps to
sign up.

    Frequently asked questions –
    1.     Does my college need to sign up for both MSDN AA and Live@Edu?
    While it is recommended that your college sign up for both, they could go
for either one program as well.

    2.     What kind of support will we be provided?
    Microsoft, will provide you with step-by-step guides and marketing
collateral (check out http://go.liveatedu.com/ for all the content that we are
putting together for you). We will also, set up a license management server to
help your institute distribute the software from MSDN AA to all the students.
Additionally, if you get stuck, we are there to help you on the way. Just drop
us an email at msdnaain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    3.     Till when is the program valid?
    While there is no time limitation on when the institutes can sign up for
the program we would strongly recommend that you confirm your institute
participation before 15th October 2008. We may not be able to provide strong
support to institutes which confirm after this date.

    4.     What if my faculty does not agree or doubts me?
    In such a scenario, please organize a call for us with your faculty. We
will try to convince them to participate in the program.

    5.     Is a faculty champion must?
    Since the sign up procedure for Live@Edu and MSDN AA requires someone from
the institute to register for the program, we must have a faculty champion. We
also believe that having a faculty supporting is essential for the long term
success of the program.

    6.     Are there any costs associated with these programs?
    Live@Edu using Hotmail is completely free while if you choose Exchange Labs
for deployment, it is for students but there is a small fee in case the
institute wants to use the same for their faculty or alumni.
    There is small, annual, subscription fee for MSDN AA.

    7.     How will I know how many active IDs and software downloads my peers
are doing?
    Don’t worry, we will share this information (along with the leader board)
on a monthly basis so that you can keep track of you score.

    8.     Can I know if my college already has MSDN AA or Live@Edu?
    Please drop us an email and we will let you know if you college has already
subscribed to MSDN AA or Live@Edu.