Re: [News] MAFIAA (Copyright Cartel) Starts Calling Horses "Pirates"

Verily I say unto thee, that Phil Da Lick! spake thusly:

> These idiots need pulling into line. Playing the radio in a non
> public forum is not a performance.

Playing the /radio/ is not a performance. Period.

For it to constitute a "performance", there'd have to be some actual
/performers/. A radio broadcast is a synthetic reproduction of a past
event - in essence, a recollection of memory. One should be paid only
for one's /actual/ labour, not the "memory" of it. This is one of the
core issues which makes the premise of "IP" utterly ridiculous, since
it is neither labour nor property, but just a historical recollection.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
|  is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
|  Pitt the Younger

 01:54:12 up 146 days,  8:37,  5 users,  load average: 0.03, 0.07, 0.08