Re: Installing a printer: XP versus Mandriva

Richard Rasker wrote:

< snip >

> Yup, Windows sure is much easier than Linux ... not.

Well, I use a HP OfficeJet Pro L7590 (with duplexer unit), connected via
network

It takes all of 40 seconds to
a) install the (networked) printer
b) install the (networked) scanner
c) install the (networked) fax

under linux

it takes more than 20 minutes to do the same under windows (with an up to
date CD, no download required)

If I want to scan some image now, it takes longer for the windows software
to start up (!!!) than it takes for linux to actually scan the image and
put it where I want. Under linux the task is already done when the windows
bloat still is in the process of starting.

Sounds like a real killer to me. Everyone will want the windows version,
right? Riiiight?
--
Microsoft: The company that made email dangerous
And web browsing. And viewing pictures. And...