Abysmal Debian Upgrade!

Made you look!

I upgraded my /etc/apt/sources.list, changing it from "lenny" to "sid".

Did an update using aptitude, sorted out a minor problem, and told it to go.
It downloaded 134Mb of stuff, pretty lightweight when you consider that's
less than the size of some Windows "service packs", and yet includes
every application I already have installed.

A glibc issue showed up, but I ignored it, and the update continued.

Rebooted, everything cames up, the music daemon restarted my "smooth jazz"
channel, and Nvidia was just fine.  (Of course!)

So now I'm running OpenOffice 3, on a 64-bit machine, and a whole bunch of
refreshed software ready to try out.

Schweeeeeeet!

This went so well, I'll probably do it on my work laptop when I have an hour
to spare from actual work.

--
True leadership is the art of changing a group from what it is to what
it ought to be.