[News] Microsoft's Law-breaking Doug Mahugh Tries to Pollute ODF

Microsoft hijacking ODF: the freedom to embrace and extend

,----[ Quote ]
| Doug Mahugh of Microsoft is pushing inside the ODF Technical Committee for
| proprietary extensions, by which the monopolist vendor could embrace and
| extend the format to "innovate". The extensions possibility is the door open
| to proprietary closed source parts, that renders the ODF customer a Microsoft
| slave once again like in the good old times of the .DOC.
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-134250/microsoft-hijacking-odf:the-freedom-to-embrace-and-extend

This guy is a major part of Microsoft's OOXML corruptions. He also pretended to
be of Malaysian nationality (sort of) to invade and subvert a meeting.

Related:

Doug Mahugh goes Malaysia

,----[ Quote ]
| Some people change their gender. Doug Mahugh quickly changes hats.
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-48280/doug-mahugh-goes-malaysia

The Elephant in the Room - with a calling card.

,----[ Quote ]
| But to pass off a foreigner as a Malaysian organisation's representative?
| That's really stretching it, dudes. It's not as bad as having someone from
| Senegal representing another country, but it's still not particularly ...
| appropriate.
|
| [...]
|
| Which is also why there was an uneasy silence when Doug came back into the
| room to remove his computer, and he gruffly said, "I think it's best that I
| leave." I thought that was noble of him, and a great way to exit with
| whatever dignity he had left. I don't think he would normally bend his ethics
| to represent an organisation's national branch which he does not belong nor
| contribute to, but we must all understand, that employees at Microsoft are
|                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| all facing a really stressful time now.
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
|
| They are fighting like their jobs depend on this, and unfortunately for
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| Microsoft as a brand, they are killing themselves. Bending their morals,
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| burning their bridges which they have built so long and hard over the years,
| and hurting so many people and organisations over this silly matter of a File
| Format.
`----

http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008/03/the-elephant-in.html

Can I Have A Light, Doug?

,----[ Quote ]
| Here goes:
|
|    1. Doug, you are claiming that you wanted a technical debate with YK and
|    yours truly. You never contacted us prior to the PIKOM meeting and never
|    told me that you would be present at TC4. How can you claim that you
|    wanted a technical debate when you never bothered to get in touch with the
|    people you wanted to debate with? Your logic simply does not compute[4].
|
|    2. Your blog post says "they threw me out before the meeting started".
|    Well, no shit sherlock. If you turn up at a meeting without giving due
|    notice of your nomination as an alternate representative of IASA, you
|    really can't be surprised if they weren't too happy, eh? There are proper
|    processes to follow in Malaysia's standards body and IASA flagrantly
|    violated them.
|
| [...]
|
| There you go. I'm not going to pursue this any further (but Doug, do feel
| free to write another scathing post, I've got /dev/null all prepped up and
| ready here). I just felt folk reading Doug's blog and OpenMalaysiaBlog should
| be able to see this from another perspective. Specifically mine. Either that
| or this is just another excuse for more sandiwara (translation: drama).
`----

http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008/03/can-i-have-a-li.html

Doug Mahugh really dislikes me. Boo hoo.

http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008/03/doug-mahugh-rea.html

The Pikom Meeting About Microsoft's OOXML ... No! (bangs the table) Ecma 376!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008/03/the-pikom-meeti.html