Re: [News] Google's GNU/Linux on Sub-notebooks Scares the Hell Out of Microsoft's Chief Bully

____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Wednesday 25 February 2009 13:08 : \____

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Ballmer keeps close watch on Apple and Android
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| And concerns regarding Google's open-source mobile operating system Android
>>| are not far behind.
>>|
>>| "I think the dynamics with Linux is changing somewhat," Ballmer said. "I
>>| assume we'll see Android-based, Linux-based laptops, in addition to phones,
>>| and we'll see Google more and more as a competitor in the desktop operating
>>| system business than we ever have before."
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10170883-94.html
>
> Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer knows not to blink.
>
> What about the sweat?
>
> On the desktop front, Microsoft is not discounting the approximately 1
> percent market share gain Apple has garnered in the past year, bolstering
> its position as the No. 4 player in operating systems behind Linux, said
> Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, during a midyear update with analysts
> Tuesday.
>
> Microsof believes Linux still has more market share than Apple, eh?
>
> Doesn't he monitor the net stats? <snigger>

Microsoft CEO Scoffs at Mac Share Gains

,----[ Quote ]
| Steve has a surprising view of the computing universe to put Linux before
| Apple. Most certainly, Linux's larger server share puts it overall ahead of
| Mac OS. But Steve wasn't talking about server here, but Windows client. So
| why rank Apple behind Linux?
`----

http://blogs.eweek.com/applewatch/content/macbook/microsoft_ceo_scoffs_at_mac_share_gains.html

See Microsoft's internal documents, e.g. "Linux Heat Map" <
http://boycottnovell.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/px09445.pdf >. They know
the truth. They pay to manufacture lies.

They are also paying to attack critics who try to tell the world the truth.
Same with the Gates Foundry...

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Web 2.0 is everything that can be spammed" --Unknown
         run-level 5  Feb  7 04:42                   last=S