[News] World's Most Popular Browser Shows Preview; Leader Receives Prestigious Award

  • Subject: [News] World's Most Popular Browser Shows Preview; Leader Receives Prestigious Award
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 02:22:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Mozilla demos impressive Firefox 3.1 features at SCALE

,----[ Quote ]
| The HTML 5 video element will also arrive in Firefox 3.1. This will allow
| video content to be embedded directly in Web pages, controlled with
| JavaScript, and manipulated through the DOM. It's a major step forward for
| rich media content on the Web. Firefox 3.1 will ship with built-in support
| for the Ogg Vorbis and Theora formats—open audio and video codecs that are
| believed to be unencumbered by patents. The actual codec implementations are
| integrated directly into the browser itself, so content in those formats will
| be playable without requiring any external components or plugins.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/02/mozilla-demos-impressive-firefox-31-features-at-scale.ars

Mitchell Baker Honored as a Winner of The Anita Borg Institute’s 2009 Women of
Vision Award

,----[ Quote ]
| Today Mitchell Baker was announced as a winner of The Anita Borg Institute
| for Women and Technology (ABI) Women of Vision Awards  in the Leadership
| category. Please see the post on Above the Fold for more details, crossposted
| below:
|
| The Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology (ABI) announced that
| Mitchell Baker is a winner of this year’s Women of Vision Awards in the
| Leadership category. Mitchell, along with Yuqing Gao, IBM Research, and Jan
| Cuny, National Science Foundation, will be honored for her accomplishments
| and contributions as a woman in technology at ABI’s fourth annual Women of
| Vision Awards Banquet at the Fairmont Hotel in San Jose on April 30th, 2009.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2009/02/23/mitchell-baker-honored-as-a-winner-of-the-anita-borg-institute%E2%80%99s-2009-women-of-vision-award/

Recent:

10 Firefox themes that don't suck