[News] Technical Overview of Android Development

Dream(sheep++): A developer's introduction to Google Android

,----[ Quote ]
| In this article we'll take a close look at the underlying technology of
| Android and what the platform means for developers.

"There is such an overvaluation of technology stocks that it is absurd. I would
include our stock in that category. It is bad for the long-term worth of the
                                --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft's CEO

Android SDK 1.0 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has release the 1.0 version of the Android SDK at the same time as the
| first Android based phone, the T-Mobile HTC G1, was announced. This is the
| first stable release of the Android platform and should allow developers to
| prepare applications for the commercial launch of the G1 in the UK in
| November.

Android SDK m5-rc14 now available

,----[ Quote ]
| New media codecs - The MediaPlayer class has added support for the OGG
| Vorbis, MIDI, XMF, iMelody, RTTL/RTX, and OTA audio file formats.

Google updates Android software development kit

,----[ Quote ]
| Google released an update to the SDK (software development kit) for Android,
| its mobile-phone operating system.

Google releases Android SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has released an SDK (software development kit) that programmers can
| use to create cell-phone applications for the company’s Android mobile
| platform.

A developer's perspective on Google's Android SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| This in-depth, hands-on article introduces Android, Google's Linux/Java
| mobile phone SDK (software development kit). After a tour of Android's tools,
| documentation, and code samples, it suggests a path for further exploration
| and concludes with a simple applet showing the power and simplicity of the
| Android environment.

Android SDK in the fly

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source community called Vafeo, once more surprises bringing now not
| only a full Operational System but one Linux Distro (Vd_android), with
| Android SDK built in. In many cases people get bother to mess with the OS
| hardDrive in this case, don’t. Because you’re completely able to run it from
| your CD, not requiring installation. If you prefer install, you’re free to
| choose, just choose where, in second partition, replacing your OS, or also
| install in your pen drive.

Google Android gets positive early reviews

,----[ Quote ]