[News] Trying to Make GNU/Linux 'Another Windows' Not the Way to Go

iMagic OS: Commercial Linux Distro Gone Wrong

,----[ Quote ]
| That issue aside, Carlos also clarified to me that the distro costs $80 for a
| reason. It includes Codeweaver's Crossover Office, which is something I
| overlooked the first time around. Since that product on its own costs $70, it
| makes a bit more sense as to why the distro itself isn't cheap.
`----

http://techgage.com/news/follow-up_-_imagic_os_commercial_linux_distro_gone_wrong/

Mono developers should pay attention. Linux is not Windows and it's not
Microsoft 'standards'.

Related:

10 things you should know about every Linux installation

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux is not Windows, and although there are some similarities, you
| must realise that there may be a few "new ways of doing things" to
| learn before you can be comfortable in Linux.
`----

http://www.builderau.com.au/program/linux/soa/10_things_you_should_know_about_every_Linux_installation/0,339028299,339219801,00.htm

Isn't Linux just UNIX under a different name?

,----[ Quote ]
| Yet, the bottom line is Linux is not UNIX. Make no mistake. Linux was not
| derived from the original program code and it is not subject to any UNIX
| licensing arrangement (some may say constraint.) In fact, Linux is not
| legally able to call itself UNIX (and incidentally, neither is BSD anymore.)
|
| No, despite the affection long-timers in the industry might have for UNIX
| there’s no denying Linux has taken on a life of its own and is driving modern
| development faster than any proprietary team. In a twist of fate, Linux poses
| a challenge to the mighty Microsoft whose server-based operating systems led
| pundits to question the viability of UNIX just two decades ago.
|
| Linux ain’t UNIX. And in fact Linux has left UNIX behind. The UNIX name has
| become bogged down with fragmented development and legal battles making it a
| shell of its former self. Linux is the new UNIX, it alone is the embodiment
| of the elegant design and hacker spirit that UNIX originally represented.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/20169/1143/

iTunes on the Xandros Eee PC 900, Not Quite a Windows Experience

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.laptopmag.com/itunes-on-the-xandros-eee-pc-900-not-quite-a-windows-experience