Re: [News] More lameness from micoshaft/appil asstroturfers

____/ 7 on Tuesday 24 February 2009 01:32 : \____

> Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Ezekiel
> wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Department of Marketing:
>

>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> MIPS Technologies Joins the Linux Foundation; Embedded Linux Device
>>> Market
>>> Heating Up
>>>

>> MIPS is a joke.
>

> Another fine example of asstroturfer challenged for knowledge.
> See further below.
>

>> MIPS has $20M in total cash in the bank and debt of $24M.
>>
>> MIPS has a market cap of $80M. That's what the *entire* company is worth.
>> To put that into context - Apple has a market cap 1000x as much as MIPS.
>

> Very nutty! Appil has no clue how to make a MIPs chip or how to service
> MIPS chip demand.
>

>> MIPS is a dying company. Not much of a market for those MIPS processors
>> these days. Sounds like a perfect match for Linux.
>

> Are you sure?
> MIPS chips have been / are used a lot in embedded world.
>

> And we are still waiting....
>

> ---Vista lasted  two days-----------------
>

>> I just created 10,000 files with a total size of 20M and it only took 6
>> seconds compress them into a zip file and only a few seconds more to
>> extract/decompress the file.
>

> Really fool?
> Which EXpee, which service pack, RAM, which CPU and which AVG?
> We wait in vain me thinks.......
>

>> The same test on Linux took much longer.
>
> Really fool?
> Which Linux, which CPU, RAM?
> Were they the same files?
> We wait in vain me thinks.......

The Microsoft troll confuses technology with company.

Linux + MIPS = low-cost laptops that are made in China. MIPS brings an asset
that is followed by news like this:

        $98 Linux Laptop - The HiVision miniNote

        http://techvideoblog.com/ifa/98-linux-laptop-the-hivision-mininote/

MIPS can further improve the kernel for MIPS.

- --

                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Play Othello: http://othellomaster.com
Cpu(s): 22.6%us,  5.0%sy,  0.1%ni, 70.6%id,  1.3%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.4%si,  0.0%st