[News] Tux3 Filesystem in Linux; File Power in Linux Explained

Will Tux3 Soon Enter The Mainline Kernel?

,----[ Quote ]
| As of late, file-systems have been a popular topic among Linux developers and
| users. The EXT4 file-system was recently stabilized and it brings some modest
| performance improvements and is finding its way into modern distributions.
| While not yet stabilized, the Btrfs file-system was merged into the Linux
| 2.6.29 kernel and is poised as the Linux competitor to Sun's famed ZFS
| file-system. There is also open-source work underway in supporting
| Microsoft's exFAT file-system on Linux. On top of all of that, there is also
| the Tux3 file-system.
|
| [...]
|
| The Tux3 project has been making great progress and following its review
| period, soon perhaps we will see it enter the mainline kernel (of course, as
| an experimental option). Kernel patches for the Tux3 file-system are supposed
| to be in a Git tree within the next few days.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzA4Mw

Power Tools: Piles of Files

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux runs on text. Configuration files are often human-readable text. Many
| other files contain text, too, and text often flows through Standard I/O
| connections. Linux has powerful utilities to handle text; you can also use a
| scripting language.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7251/

Recent:

ext4: The Fourth Extended Filesystem

,----[ Quote ]
| The ext4 file system is to be the successor to the ext3 journaled file system
| and will be available as an optional file system in the next release of
| Ubuntu, Ubuntu 9.04.
|
| The ext4 file system is now, as of December 25, 2008, released as stable and
| can be used as the dominant file system without fear of data lose…well, to be
| more clear I mean no more fear than any other “stable” file system.
`----

http://kyleabaker.com/2009/02/06/ext4-the-fourth-extended-filesystem/

Initial ext3 vs ext4 Results

,----[ Quote ]